What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

I really liked Spring Breakers. I can see why it is so divisive though.

Anyway, Dallas Buyers Club. McConaughey is pretty untouchable lately, huh? Lincoln Lawyer, Killer Joe, Mud, True Detective, Wolf of Wall Street, this. Can't think of a guy who has had such a great push in as little time. To think I never used to rate him as an actor is mental.

Yeah, McConaughey is crazy right now. I remember not too long I wrote him off as another stereotypical hunk who just takes his shirt off all the time and thought nothing of it. Now you've got shit like Dallas Buyers Club, True Detective, Killer Joe, etc. and it's like.. woah.

Anyway, I watched This Is The End.

It were okay. The best part was the end.

I haven't seen The World's End yet, but nah, I doubt This Is The End is better. Like I said, it were just okay. There were a few funny moments - the best being at the end - but I'm glad I didn't rent it or see it in theatres, and waited for it to start appearing on premium cable.

And don't let Livid hear you guys talking up McConaughey :P

I don't mind people giving him props, I just find the constant praise tiresome when most of it doesn't even mention the period (most of his career) where he was doing nothing but shitty stuff for the paycheck.

And I agree with Zero, though I didn't see This Is The End in theaters.

I thought This is the End was hilarious, but my theater was packed and really into it which helped a lot. I'll have to re-watch it at home one day to see if it holds up.

I felt like Worlds End was a really weak entry into the trilogy considering the other two films. Maybe it'll be better on a rewatch, though. Loved This is the End, though. Didn't expect it to be as good as it was. Stuff like The Exorcism of Jonah Hill and Pineapple Express 2 really made it. Though I'd have liked way more time spent at the party.

I'd love to see more of these films where they play OTT versions of themselves.

Drinking BUddies

I really, really liked this one. The cast is so charming, I almost gagged.

Did it annoy you at all that by the end the movie had absolutely zero point?
No. I thought it was a pretty accurate portrayal of relationships. I enjoyed the anti-Hollywood ending.

Drinking BUddies

I really, really liked this one. The cast is so charming, I almost gagged.

Did it annoy you at all that by the end the movie had absolutely zero point?
No. I thought it was a pretty accurate portrayal of relationships. I enjoyed the anti-Hollywood ending.

True, I thought the chemistry with all of the actors was outstanding - especially Wilde and the dude from New Girl. I enjoyed it a lot but it still kind of pissed me off that it ended with zero resolution.