Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

56 minutes ago, Rocky said:

I'm actually downloading it now though I've not seen ads for it. I just wanted to try a MMO type game and this was the closest thing to interesting for me.

Might not get to play it until the weekend though.

Feel free to keep me informed of it.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2016 at 05:01, Jasonmufc said:

Feel free to keep me informed of it.

So I played a bit over the weekend and for a couple hours every night since. It's been fun. Still a whole heap to learn though.
I had one of my friends start with me so we're both going through completing "quests" together making it seemingly more enjoyable.
There is definitely going to be a feeling of repetition and the grind in this after a while but I guess that could just come down to how you play it.
A good thing is you can actually unlock EVERY character in game without spending cash... But it will take a lot of grinding.

While installing I would register at MarvelHeroes.com and then go check out Orcz.com and throw them codes up on there. That way you'll be able to start with either IronMan or Capt Murica if you wanted to.

I went with Luke Cage as he seems most I am uncertain about. Goiod Strong Melee hero, has a small mid-range thing. I dunno...
There is a lot of literature around giving pro's and con's for each starter but in the end it comes down to your preference.

I'd give it a shot.

6 hours ago, Jasonmufc said:

Thanks for the appraisal, i'm gonna give it a shot with a mate I think... It's pretty much Diablo-ey in style, right? You go into dungeons, kill a crapload of mooks and then you win?

Pretty much that. Over and over again xD

I started Marvel Heroes 2016 last night and chose Squirrel Girl as my free unlock - holy shit does she ever feel broken. The main attack I'm using is just a power where she points and sends squirrels out to attack people and they've just been destroying rooms full of guys before they can get a shot off on me or make it to me to attack. I like how the game lets you play everyone else up to level 10 before you need to unlock them too - it's VERY Diablo-esque especially with the constant loot, general ease of the game and modifiers on enemies and enemy groups - but I'd say you almost get TOO much loot - you can easily fill up your inventory and deciding what is good is a bit more of a thinking process because not only does armour reduce damage but it provides a bunch of perks - including unlocking abilities earlier than you regular should and other perks. A piece of armour can give a lot of perks - but it won't show you what you're losing if you switch from what you currently have.

And I meant what I said about Salt & Sanctuary - everyone needs to go out and buy that game NOW. It's an amazing 2D cross up between Dark Souls (right down to menus and fonts and game systems) and a Metroid-vania (just because of the verticality of levels and the way you progress through the world) and it just feels so good. It's from the husband/wife team behind the Dishwasher games and Charlie Murder.

12 hours ago, Meacon¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Anybody want a code for Saint's Row 2? I just got the new Humble Bundle and I already gots that.

I have never played a Saints Row game. Are they fun? I'm not asking for the code, I was just mildly interested in the Saints Row bundle. 

1 hour ago, RPS said:

I have never played a Saints Row game. Are they fun? I'm not asking for the code, I was just mildly interested in the Saints Row bundle. 

I'd say it depends, since there's a bit of a difference between Saints Row 1/2 and 3/4.
The first two ones were very much GTA-clones that had an edge but also a lot of humour interspersed.
Three and later dropped the edge and mostly just made everything bone-headed fun with slapstick humour and low-brow comedy. Weapons that make no sense (octopus shooting rocket launcher, dubstep cannon, etc.), and basically turned the game into a nonsense free roaming game where the story is very much secondary and forgettable. It's all about free roaming and doing stupid shit.

Additionally, Saints Row 1 never came out on PC, and Saints Row 2 is a pretty bad console port that may or may not run decently (or at all) on any sort of PC...

Personally I rate the first two Saints Row very high, because the first was a free roaming crime game on next-gen 2 years before GTA:IV even came out. And it really felt like a whole different game compared to San Andreas and whatnot. The story was pretty fun, the humour was pretty good, and it even had some pretty serious moments to bring you back to earth. And it stayed reasonably realistic with most humour being based in interactions and mini-games, rather than having insane superpowers and nonsensical guns.

But the first two games haven't dated well, and Saints Row 3 and 4 are personally too dumb in terms of content and story to really earn that same love the earlier games had. Many people love the zany wacky nonsense potty humour and being able to do stupid shit you can't do in other games, I personally am less of a fan.

So tl;dr - If you like a GTA game that does not take itself serious in any way, and makes the world around you Looney Tunes-esque, then Saints Row 3/4 is worth a buy. Either way, maybe watch parts of a lets play of it if you're not sure.

Examples of side activities in 1/2 and 3/4...
1/2 - Lets jump in front of cars to get insurance money
3/4 - Fight in a weird Japanese game show where you shoot a lot of mooks. (Prof. Genk Super Ethical Reality Climax) (Yes, that's the actual name)

Edited by Jasonmufc

I've never played 1 or 2, but 3 and 4 actually are pretty fun. The character interactions are pretty good, and the games do have storylines but you're free to roam around most of the time and do the storyarcs at leisure. I like to spend a lot of time blowing up shit outside the weapons stores and safehouses, just to cause chaos.

3 has Hulk Hogan doing one of the voices, and 4 has Keith David playing a fictionalized version of himself (he does the voice of a character in games 1 and 2, I believe), plus

Rowdy Roddy Piper shows up

, and there are flashbacks to the 1st 2 games. 

I have most of the add-ons for both games (i'm lacking only the Nightblade mod for 3, and about 4 add-ons for IV that are mostly cosmetic, plus the bling add-on).

Oh, and thanks to 3, I can't see a Smart car in real life without wishing I had an RPG. :)

3 hours ago, RPS said:

They are fun in a very ridiculous way. THey started off trying to be all edgy etc but couldn't compete with GTA so they flipped it and went balls to the wall crazy.
I'm yet to play the last one but I can only expect the same stuuf seeing as you're the president being abducted by aliens... or something.

Yeah, Saints Row 2 has some legitimately shocking moments. Your main character is a total nihilist in that game. I'll say that it runs just fine on my PC. I never had any troubles.

Saints Row 3 on the other hand had a side mission that would crash the game in the middle of it, no matter how many times I tried it. You don't need to complete that mission to finish the game.

Is anyone interested in Motorsport Manager? This preview makes it sound like something a lot of people would have a great time with, especially those who liked Grand Prix Manager. There are no official licenses attached, but Steam Workshop support from launch should take care of that.

• Like 1

It's published by Sega, and apparently the devs of Motorsport Manager are also getting some advice from the SI guys (Football Manager). I'm reserving judgement until I see more of the game, but I'm cautiously optimistic about finally having a new manager game around Motorsport.

But even then, I play GPM2 occassionally still, with yearly mods being released too.

Been playing YouTubers Life all day. It's very repetitive right now but still fun. There is a lot of stuff yet to be added in future updates due to it only being Early Access atm.

$15 USD might be a bit steep as it is now so maybe hold off until full release or it comes on sale.