Paradox games but definitely NOT GAMES OF THRONE

METALMAN

I know who my newest custom ruler will be. 

He will find the kingdom in UNACCEPTABLE CONDITION!

UNACCEPTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABLE!

• Like 1

246wdts.jpg

Situation: I'm Emperor Boleslaw II of the Wendish Empire. Not entirely sure how I managed to do it (I think it was through marriages a generation or two back), but I have acquired a claim on the Holy Roman Empire. I want to press it SOOOOOOOO badly, but he's got 4x the troops. Plus side, he's off in Jersualem defending against a jihad (yes Jersualem is part of the Empire I don't like to talk about it because it could've been mine had I gotten their earlier.) and trying to revoke one of the Duke of Bavaria's holdings. He has 179 gold to my 1642, but earns more per month.

Question here is do I push my luck and go for it?

He will have the majority of his troops defending that jihad. Your best bet is to watch the unit numbers fall as he loses battles. You don't want to risk attacking him and having Jerusalem fall, so try and wait until he gets, say, 95-97% in his warscore. Then attack. Seige his capital and take his family.

• Like 2

Just now, The Handsome Luchadore said:

Right now that's the current plan once I work out how long I can afford them for.

1) Borrow money from Jews

2) Expel Jews

We both know this is not the worst thing that could happen to them :shifty: . 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Meacon said:

Go all out, balls out, my friend.

1 hour ago, SeanDMan said:

He will have the majority of his troops defending that jihad. Your best bet is to watch the unit numbers fall as he loses battles. You don't want to risk attacking him and having Jerusalem fall, so try and wait until he gets, say, 95-97% in his warscore. Then attack. Seige his capital and take his family.

Got my green tea, the game open, realized I had a great run with it, never had a reason to use this GIF before.
2pqjdhx.jpg

EDIT: Update.

34t4d9s.jpg

• Like 2

Did you keep Jerusalem? Also, you are gonna seize The Papacy, yes?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SeanDMan said:

Did you keep Jerusalem? Also, you are gonna seize The Papacy, yes?

Nope, gave Jerusalem/Lombardy/some other Italian province freedom. Spun my 50% threat down to nothing within a few years. Gonna most likely lose the HRE upon Boleslaw's death but whatever I did it. Gonna miss those free Templars, abused the CRAP out of hiring them to fend off raiders.

1 hour ago, VPNutsRoastingOnAOpenFire said:

How good of a computer does somebody need to run a game like this? This sounds cool.

Nothing insanely beefy IIRC. Have it running on an AMD A8 and haven't had any issues.

Just as I predicted, lost the HRE upon Boleslaw's death. Worth it, funneled most of the money I was making from the dual empires into improving Krakow. Lost interest in the save and deleted it.

45 minutes ago, The Handsome Luchadore said:

Nothing insanely beefy IIRC. Have it running on an AMD A8 and haven't had any issues.

Just as I predicted, lost the HRE upon Boleslaw's death. Worth it, funneled most of the money I was making from the dual empires into improving Krakow. Lost interest in the save and deleted it.

What is an AMD A8? A computer or a component?