Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

Yeah, saying that Batman is the only good thing DC has done is plain wrong when it comes to their animated films, the Flash-centred one is their best and the one they continuous one they have with the entire JLA now is awesome stuff.

It's pretty simple why they added the Joker, I think. He sells. It's the return of the Joker, with a A-list star portraying him. Of course he's probably going to be the center piece of the film, it's what will sell. They haven't created the type of relationship with their movie-going fans the way Marvel did to do something as bold as GotG.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joker seems fine. Since most of the actual squad are quite obscure in comparison, it makes sense.

Also it's two fold. He can be used to explain Harley's origin via an early scene or flashbacks since I'm assuming she's going to be one of the leads and probably has a more complicated back story than most the others. And then going up against the guy who essentially created her could potentially be great; adding personal conflict to someone who's already fairly crazy could make for a very good narrative if its done well.

I do hope they flesh out the rest of the squad though, part of me thinks this may have worked better as a series. Still looking forward to it though!

If it's the classic Deadshot look and not the more recent "dude with an eyepatch", I think it could lend very well to letting the other actors and actresses shine a little more. But, it'll probably be Will Smith with a robot eye patch so they can actually use promo shots and shit with him in it, and not in a full bodysuit/mask.

Yesssssss. Super-hyped for that.

Meanwhile Benedict Cumberbatch confirmed for Dr. Strange. That's... in that Jared Leto Joker thing where I'm like "enjoy it, everyone else!"

• Like 1

I knew Skye was an Inhuman! Mwhaha! Now cue the bitching about how she's actually a mutant, blah blah. Sorry, folks, but they take what they want for the MCU and contort it to fit their needs. Plus that whole pesky Fox owning the term mutants thing.

So, tonight we got a total of 3 Inhumans, counting the guy at the end of the show. Who was that anyway?

EDIT: I totally forgot there was an Agents of SHIELD thread. Stupid mobile browsing :(

All week, we’ve been tracking a major story concerning New York’s #1 webslinger, Spider-Man. Following a massive cyber attack on Sony Pictures, emails began appearing indicating Marvel and Sony went to the negotiating table earlier this year to work out a plan that would see the character make his debut in the MCU via Captain America: Civil War. However, when Sony realized the deal Marvel wanted would include a loss of creative control, the studio walked away from the talks… that was until the hack, which made Sony Japan (the parent company of Sony Pictures) aware of the situation and not very happy.

Now with Sony, reportedly, being told to get back in it with Disney and Marvel, new details have come to light from Latino-Review as to what Marvel plans to do with the property should it get a hold of it

1) Andrew Garfield will be replaced as Peter Parker, and all existing stories will be wiped clean.

2) Marvel will skip an origin story and start their version of Spidey as one that sees Peter already leading a double life

3) The MCU version would put far less focus on the romance angle of Spider-Man as the idea’s already been played out in five other films.

4) An appearance in Civil War is still possible, but as the script is just about finished for the film, the clock is ticking.

As of now, Sony still has complete control over the Spider-Man franchise, and everything the studio plans to do with the property (namely spin-off films such as Sinister Six) are still a go. But, given the financial state of both Sony and the franchise, the studio may be running about of leveraging power, especially following the highly disappointing box office gross of The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

Marvel would wind up finding us the perfect Peter Parker, I'd bet. Sony Pictures are such idiots; did they seriously think Disney was just going pay for 60% of the production costs and have no creative control?