Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The main character's name is Liv Moore. That's so clever.

And man, I used to love Supernatural but it's been way too repetitive for about three seasons now. I just can't bring myself to care about Sam or Dean anymore because they always come back from whatever the final cliffhanger is and after an episode or two have moved on to the next "monster" to handle.

Edited by punky

I loved Supernatural.

Now I just want them to take it out back and shoot it in the head. That show is a gross husk. I've stopped watching it entirely as it was starting to retroactively ruin the seasons that I really, really liked.

• Like 2

The show was good. And now it's not. I watch the show now, I groan and get more tired of the characters the more I watch. I go back, watch the show when it was good, but the terribad new episodes have left me completely disinterested in watching the show, because I know where it goes and how bad it gets.

The things that're funny or endearing about the characters aren't any more, because they've beaten every minor characteristic into the ground.

I'm not saying the new seasons were entirely devoid of good ideas (I quite like the Men of Letters stuff), but the week to week episodes were more of the same, just not as good.

So yeah, overall I'd rather not watch the new episodes and be content with Season 1-5. Because separated from the rest, they tell one cohesive story that builds to a decent conclusion. Everything past that is a mess of trying to follow up with a bigger bad than the biggest bad they could do.

• Like 2

I can see you saying that it wasn't great after season 5 and then picked back up again later once they found some direction that wasn't originally planned - I was more questioning the retroactively ruining part. As a lifelong Simpsons fan, you don't need to talk to me about degrading show quality, haha. But at the same time I've never looked down on previous season's episodes because of this.

• Like 3

I went through that with Dexter and Heroes. The shitty later seasons helped to expose flaws in enjoyable earlier seasons that I hadn't noticed or been that bothered by on first viewing. Simpsons on the other hand feels like entirely a different show, a terrible episode this year won't change how good it was. Probably the difference between a comedy with standalone episodes and episodic drama.

IS it just me or does Ultron sound less roboticy then in the first trailer?

Finally saw ASM2.

I was actually vaguely enjoying it as it went along, but possibly did myself in by trusting Sky's 'time remaining' which for some reason went 40 mins past the start of the credits. Watched it in two sittings thinking I had an hour left but actually had about twenty minutes, so after watching the Gwen death and assuning they had loads of time to do a TDKR redemption thing it instead promptly ended, leaving me hollow. That's also about the point it dawned on me that there was barely a plot and this was pretty much the trailer for the next one, 'We'll talk about his boring parents more, and Green Goblin, and more baddies!'. Add to that the fact the CGI was PlayStation standard rather than blockbuster and Electro's horrible inner monologue music and looking back properly it was awful. Superhero films shouldn't be plodding, and that was plodding. I lowered my expectations based on the reviews but clearly not low enough.

To be totally fair there were some decent performances from the actors involved, but they were given nothing to build to and I really don't understand nor care what the Parkers were working on which seems to be the key theme for some reason.

Apologies, awful sentence structure but it doesn't deserve an edit...

Edited by Ultra Rare Colly