Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Guardians 2 should be okay.

I echo the sentiments regarding Garfield - he seemed pretty good in the role. Start your speculationometers for the re-cast!

Apparently this deal means that Thor: Ragnarok has been pushed back to November 2017 (as it would have clashed with Spider-Man) and Black Panther will now be in 2018.

Where have you seen that? I haven't seen any announcements about that. 2018 is already crowded, I have a hard time believing they'll fit it in better there than 2017.

It is in the BBC's reporting of it.

Here's the bit:

It has also led to Marvel reshuffling the release dates of its upcoming movies.

The next Thor movie would have gone head-to-head with a new Spider-Man movie in the summer of 2017. It will now move to November of that year, shunting a film based on the Black Panther character into the following year.

The two-part Avengers: Infinity War movies, however, will not budge.

Actually, Marvel has it on their front page now. Here is the article.

Four future installments in the Marvel Cinematic Universe have received new release dates through 2019, including Thor’s next solo adventure as well as the first films for Black Panther, Captain Marvel and the Inhumans!

Marvel’s “Thor: Ragnarok” will hit theaters November 3, 2017. The following year, Marvel’s “Black Panther” will make its way to theaters on July 6, 2018, and Marvel’s “Captain Marvel” on November 2, 2018. Finally, Marvel’s “Inhumans” will now debut in theaters July 12, 2019.

The previously announced dates for Marvel’s “Avengers: Infinity War Part 1” and “Avengers: Infinity War Part 2” on May 4, 2018 and May 3, 2019, respectively, remain unchanged.

Hugely disappointed for Garfield, but extremely excited about Spidey in the MCU. It's like all my childhood dreams are coming true!

Pretty quick turnaround, you only had them last week.

• Like 1

Actually, Marvel has it on their front page now. Here is the article.

Four future installments in the Marvel Cinematic Universe have received new release dates through 2019, including Thor’s next solo adventure as well as the first films for Black Panther, Captain Marvel and the Inhumans!

Marvel’s “Thor: Ragnarok” will hit theaters November 3, 2017. The following year, Marvel’s “Black Panther” will make its way to theaters on July 6, 2018, and Marvel’s “Captain Marvel” on November 2, 2018. Finally, Marvel’s “Inhumans” will now debut in theaters July 12, 2019.

The previously announced dates for Marvel’s “Avengers: Infinity War Part 1” and “Avengers: Infinity War Part 2” on May 4, 2018 and May 3, 2019, respectively, remain unchanged.

Oh God, the first comment below that article has me in stitches.

Wow, I for one, find this to be terrible news. They should have either have gotten the full rights back or leave it the hell alone. Spiderman doesn't need to be in the MCU if it's going to be on Sonys term. If Sony will continue to finance, distribute, own and have final creative control of the Spider-Man films then you can bet they will bitch about every decision... you all saw the emails. I personally don't think this will end well for the MCU. My only hope is that Sony keeps it's mouth shut and let Marvel do its thing.

Oh internet, never ever become self-aware.

Now Marvel has announced the end f the Fantastic Four comic series, and writers are forbidden from creating new characters for the X-Men, in an attempt to get Fox to give the rights back

http://collider.com/marvel-fights-fox-cancels-fantastic-four/

Don't fucking listen to that bull, it's ridiculous.

Fantastic Four is being cancelled because this run has been shit and thus sold like shit. It'll be back straight away as All New Fantastic Four, the same way Marvel ends every run lately. The X-Men report is from October and they've been creating new X-Men in the comics consistently in Uncanny X-Men for the past two years. Both of those have already been proven easily as being crap.

Where's the part about diminishing the X-Men brand by killing of Wolverine, despite them getting a team up with Guardians of the Galaxy nearly every two weeks?

What a crock of shit.

• Like 2