Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

Yuuuuuuuuuuup. To be honest, I had an "ohhhhhhh boy" moment the second Ron Perlman started his monologue about the gang being "savages."

I can see that, and yet for the character in question I never thought "OH NO RACISM FOR THE SAKE" I thought "yeah being crippled by gang bangers would make you think that way".

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was good as Deadpool in Origins until they butchered the character beyond recognition. Which wasn't really his fault.

Agreed. Except the part where a fan of the character who OMG LOVES HIM SO MUCH agreed to play that butchered bastardization of the character is his fault?

He was good as Deadpool in Origins until they butchered the character beyond recognition. Which wasn't really his fault.

Agreed. Except the part where a fan of the character who OMG LOVES HIM SO MUCH agreed to play that butchered bastardization of the character is his fault?

Someone was gonna do it either way. Might as well be the one to pick up the cash for it, I guess. :shifty:

I dunno. I liked him at the start. I mostly blanked out the rest of that film.

Someone was gonna do it either way. Might as well be the one to pick up the cash for it, I guess. :shifty:

I actually quite liked the first 45 minutes of that movie.

Liev Schreiber was a fun Sabretooth. I wasn't so hot on Kitsch as Gambit... And I guess more Wolverine is cool? Really didn't think much of the guy playing Striker. Brian Cox did such a wonderful job in X2 that it really didn't compare. Overall it's a fun enough film until the end. If I didn't know anything about the comics and just watched from past film knowledge, I'd probably quite like it.

I'm about 90% sure that it wasn't Reynolds acting once he became Weapon XI. So if you want to be pedantic, Reynolds only took on the better 3/4 of the role.

• 3 weeks later...
Unlike the superheros of DC Comics, who are all owned in the movie world by Warner Bros., the characters in the Marvel Universe are spread throughout Hollywood. While Marvel Studios was able to make movies like Iron Man, Thor, Captain America: The First Avenger, and The Incredible Hulk because they maintained the rights to those heroes, Spider-Man and Ghost Rider are both in the hands of Sony and Fox has control of the X-Men, the Fantastic Four, Daredevil, Elektra, and more. Because of this complicated rights issue, it has sadly always looked like we would never see Spidey in an Avengers movie or Wolverine teaming up with Captain America. While we still have no idea if crossovers will ever be an option (keep your fingers crossed) today we find major developments between the studios.

Variety reports that Fox may end up making a deal with Marvel Studios that will allow them to move forward with plans for their upcoming Daredevil reboot provided Fox gives up the rights to some characters in the Fantastic Four universe. As of now, the reboot is in a state of flux as the studio has a plan for the project, but is in danger of missing the October 10th deadline that would result in the rights to the superhero going back to Marvel. According to the trade, Fox is interested in having Joe Carnahan directing a "Frank Miller-esque, hardcore 70s thriller" version of Daredevil, though no deals have yet been made.

In order to extend the deadline and stop the blind hero from going back to the comic book company, Fox may have to give up some of the characters they acquired when they purchased the rights to the Fantastic Four. Sources close to the studios say that the key figures that Marvel is interested in are Galactus, the supervillain with a penchant for devouring worlds, and Silver Surfer. Both characters previously appeared on screen in Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, but fans both rejected the movie and the way that Galactus was presented (which was basically a space cloud). Neither studio would comment on the talks, but it would seem that it is now Fox's move. They can either choose to abandon their plans for Daredevil, or give up key characters in the Fantastic Four franchise (which they are also currently planning on rebooting with Chronicle director Josh Trank). So here is the question I will pose to all of you: would you rather see Marvel Studios get back Daredevil or characters like Galactus and Silver Surfer?

tl;dr version: Marvel is willing to let Fox keep the Daredevil film rights in exchange for the rights to Galactus and the Silver Surfer. I'm cool with that, I'd rather they get full Fantastic Four rights back, but Daredevil would be better left in a darker world outside of Marvels. And with them looking into expanding the Marvel Cosmic stuff, Galactus and Silver Surfer could play a huge part and be a big hint as to what the Guardians of the Galaxy film will be about!

Marvel Cosmic/Annihilation Wave spoilers:

Galactus and Silver Surfer play big parts (more so Galactus) in the Annihilation Wave storyline, featuring the GotG teaming up with Nova, Ronan the Accuser and a few others to take on Annihilus, Thanos and his Negative Zone Army. It's also kind of how Marvel reintroduced a lot of their cosmic characters to a new audience. I'd LOVE to see this made into a film!

• Like 1

In a Disney call Bog Iger announced today that not only is Joss When signed to write and direct Avengers 2, he is also now attached to work on the Marvel Universe TV Show that will connect to the Marvel MovieVerse.

In a Disney call Bog Iger announced today that not only is Joss When signed to write and direct Avengers 2, he is also now attached to work on the Marvel Universe TV Show that will connect to the Marvel MovieVerse.

Only one .gif can convey the way this makes me feel;

1Sk0c.gif

• Like 8

I am in all kinds of love with Marvel right now.

A short mini-series with an episode each on the characters in the build up to Avengers 2. Please, please let that happen. Hulk, Cap, Iron Man, Widow, Hawkeye, Thor...that's six at the least. Then you've got Fury, possibly Ant-Man, possibly GotG...I can but wish.

That could be fun, but I'd prefer a full season series that focuses on more ancillary or lesser-known characters.

That's what we'll get. No chance they're going to fork out the money they'd need to get the cast of The Avengers doing TV.

A piece of the official press release that came out gives a clearer sign of Whedon's involvement:

Joss Whedon has signed an exclusive deal with Marvel Studios for film and television through the end of June 2015. As part of that deal, Whedon will write and direct Marvel’s The Avengers 2 as well as help develop a new live-action series for Marvel Television at ABC. He will also contribute creatively to the next phase of Marvel’s cinematic universe.