The Marvel Cinematic Universe TV Thread

Your Mom

If you have to watch any Marvel show on cable/broadcast television, I nominate Legion by a wide margin. I can't believe I forgot about that show, but it was earlier this year when it was on. Aubrey Plaza was a hot, hot, hot mess in that show and I loved every second of it. And, y'know, the good writing and visuals too. ;)

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, tristy said:

If you have to watch any Marvel show on cable/broadcast television, I nominate Legion by a wide margin. I can't believe I forgot about that show, but it was earlier this year when it was on. Aubrey Plaza was a hot, hot, hot mess in that show and I loved every second of it. And, y'know, the good writing and visuals too. ;)

Aubrey in Legion is the most scare-ousing thing ever.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tristy said:

Legion is one of the weirdest things I've ever watched, to the point I actually got a headache watching some of it. It's great, but I couldn't possibly marathon it like I originally intended to.

Runaways reviews are good but I feel like my Marvel TV fatigue + the fact that I'm kind of salty about the fact that they did some real Hollywood shit with that cast (aging up Molly, making Gert skinnier, kind of making Chase buffer) is still a barrier to entry for me. Maybe I'll suck it up eventually but probably not for another month.

Up to episode 6 of Punisher. I think this is one of those shows that I'd prefer to watch gradually rather than binge. That's not saying anything about the quality of it, I really like it, but sometimes after 2 or 3 episodes in a row I need a breather from all the ultraviolence.

reading back on Wikipedia, it appears its just assumed

24 11 ".380" Stephen Surjik Mark Verheiden March 18, 2016
Daredevil saves Temple from the Hand, but the children willingly leave with the ninjas and drain themselves of their blood to feed the chemicals into an ancient device. Some of the Hand died during the fight, and an attempted autopsy on one of them shows the scars of a prior autopsy. The hospital board chooses to cover this up, compelling Temple to quit. Page and Castle are confronted by the Blacksmith's men, and Castle violently beats his location out of them before murdering them. He then leaves the horrified Page. Daredevil confronts Tower, who reveals the one lead the DA's office has on the Blacksmith: a competitor working out of Chinatown. Daredevil goes there to find Madame Gao, an old ally of Fisk's, who sends him to the pier. Castle attacks a boat there, used to smuggle drugs, and attempts to kill a man claiming to be the Blacksmith; Daredevil stops him, but the Blacksmith's men arrive and attack the boat, and Castle escapes in the chaos. Learning that Natchios survived the hit, Stick prepares to fight her himself.

25 12 "The Dark at the End of the Tunnel" Euros Lyn Lauren Schmidt Hissrich & Douglas Petrie March 18, 2016
Stick regrets never being able to "tame" Natchios, who always had an affinity for murder, and is trying to rectify that mistake. Daredevil stops the two from killing each other, but the Hand arrive and kidnap Stick. The police believe that Castle is dead, and Page reluctantly agrees; rather than dropping her investigation into Castle, which she was going to write an expose on for the New York Bulletin, Page decides to write a profile to show the public that there was more to Castle than just the Punisher. She interviews Castle's Marine commander Ray Schoonover, but realizes that he is the Blacksmith. Castle arrives, and murders Schoonover despite Page's pleas. Daredevil and Natchios find Stick, with Natchios still bent on killing him. However, they are confronted by Yoshioka, who reveals that Natchios' killer instincts are because she is the Black Sky, a mythical weapon worshiped by the Hand. Natchios considers accepting the Hand's fealty, but Daredevil convinces her to choose her own destiny, and she instead helps Stick escape.

The Punisher episodes 9 & 10:

Spoiler

I was kind of wondering where all this stuff with Lewis was going and was thinking it was going to run as a parallel to Castle. Lewis gets his shit together, upward mobility, while Castle's on a downward spiral of vengeance.

Boy, was I wrong. Instead it's a "two sides of the same coin" type of deal.

EDIT: Holy shit. I just realized who the actor who plays O'Connor is.

I've rewatched Daredevil S2 to prepare for Punisher, and I actually enjoyed it more the second time around. I remember not liking much of The Hand arc the first time around, probably because of how great the first half of the season was being so Punisher centric. Elektra grew on me this time.

I'm still behind with the Netflix universe. I haven't watched Luke Cage or Iron Fisr, and thus no Defenders either. I'm two episodes into Punisher now. Probably going to watch Defenders after it, and just skip the other two series.

Am I going to have anything from Defenders spoiled by watching Punisher first? 

Jessica Jones remains my favorite of the universe so far. David Tennant was just so amazing as Kilgrave

7 hours ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

I've rewatched Daredevil S2 to prepare for Punisher, and I actually enjoyed it more the second time around. I remember not liking much of The Hand arc the first time around, probably because of how great the first half of the season was being so Punisher centric. Elektra grew on me this time.

I'm still behind with the Netflix universe. I haven't watched Luke Cage or Iron Fisr, and thus no Defenders either. I'm two episodes into Punisher now. Probably going to watch Defenders after it, and just skip the other two series.

Am I going to have anything from Defenders spoiled by watching Punisher first? 

Jessica Jones remains my favorite of the universe so far. David Tennant was just so amazing as Kilgrave

Nah...don't think The Defenders brought up Castle at all and judging by the opening of The Punisher, he wasn't in NYC during the events of The Defenders

8 hours ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

I'm still behind with the Netflix universe. I haven't watched Luke Cage or Iron Fisr, and thus no Defenders either. I'm two episodes into Punisher now. Probably going to watch Defenders after it, and just skip the other two series

If you do this, how would you know if Danny Rand is the Iron Fist? :crying:

Wait...is Danny the legendary Iron Fist?

• Like 1

Rumor says he's the defender of K'un-Kun

I literally just finished Punisher two nights ago and I'm struggling to remember which episode 12 was. Was that..

Spoiler

Rawlins and Russo torturing Frank? And then Frank murdering the shit out of Rawlins?