The Marvel Cinematic Universe TV Thread

Your Mom

On 3/21/2018 at 01:21, GoGOceanea said:

Agents of SHIELD:

Hide contents

Man, are they doing the Thunderbolts with the team General Hale is assembling? I'm very down with that.

Spoiler

Is it Thunderbolts? I just assumed it was going to be a bad guy team of supervillains. Although I guess if they were endorsed by the military or something, they would be kind of like Thunderbolts.

Spoiler

I mean, I don't know if it's meant to be or not. But it is a shady government-funded team comprising mostly of old villains thusfar, and this is pretty much the only corner of the MCU where you could really do a Thunderbolts-esque thing.

Tonights episode was probably one of the best episodes of the series.  

• Like 2

On 3/20/2018 at 12:21, GoGOceanea said:

Agents of SHIELD:

Hide contents

Man, are they doing the Thunderbolts with the team General Hale is assembling? I'm very down with that.

Spoiler

I still think all of this is leading to an Infinity War tie-in, especially with them mentioning an impending alien invasion (and the movie comes out in basically a month’s time)

23 minutes ago, tristy said:
  Reveal hidden contents

If it is, its the best kept secret 

What an episode, they just keep elevating themselves!

But with the Odium being given to Gen. Hale, doesn't that just mean the impending alien invasion is from the Kree with the father of Kassius leading them to Earth?

Also, holy shit, they actually managed to swerve me with Evil Fitz and Good Fitz, full props to the director and Iain to make that story play out in such supreme fashion. Good Fitz losing his shit on the slow burn, these past few episodes with him getting frustrated and angry, and even near the reveal showing his old Season 2 psyche where he could barely speak or move properly without breaking down mentally. And Framework Fitz being his cold blooded and calculated self, 'doing what needs to be done' and torture-operating on Daisy.

Then the reveal hits that it wasn't the fear dimension, and Fitz instead has a psychological breakdown that brought out the terrible part in him and he actually perpetrated everything.

Complete it all with the LMD shooting Mack, and naturally Daisy vowing to never forgive Fitz for what he did. Just extremely heavy stuff, and again Iain de Caestacker and also Elizabeth Henstridge producing stellar acting work again showing how insanely talented both of them are, their emotional stuff transcends AOS in terms of quality.

Heck, all the insanity with Fitz nearly made me forget there was a side story going on. Coulson working with General Hale who is on the payroll of the Kree, probably under the misguided evil that she's protecting the world. And the return of Ivanov and his majestic beard-game, and the first showing of Creel too who seems to also have good intentions but is batting for the wrong side.

What an episode, after 20 minutes I was already tired and then the exciting parts still had to blow me away.

If this is the final season, they sure as hell are looking to go out on the highests of high notes. Because every time they just manage to transcend their fate and be the best show on cable television in terms of delivering thrills and emotion in equal spades. 

Edited by Jasonmufc

23 hours ago, Lint said:

If it is, its the best kept secret 

18 hours ago, Jasonmufc said:

What an episode, they just keep elevating themselves!

Hide contents

But with the Odium being given to Gen. Hale, doesn't that just mean the impending alien invasion is from the Kree with the father of Kassius leading them to Earth?

Also, holy shit, they actually managed to swerve me with Evil Fitz and Good Fitz, full props to the director and Iain to make that story play out in such supreme fashion. Good Fitz losing his shit on the slow burn, these past few episodes with him getting frustrated and angry, and even near the reveal showing his old Season 2 psyche where he could barely speak or move properly without breaking down mentally. And Framework Fitz being his cold blooded and calculated self, 'doing what needs to be done' and torture-operating on Daisy.

Then the reveal hits that it wasn't the fear dimension, and Fitz instead has a psychological breakdown that brought out the terrible part in him and he actually perpetrated everything.

Complete it all with the LMD shooting Mack, and naturally Daisy vowing to never forgive Fitz for what he did. Just extremely heavy stuff, and again Iain de Caestacker and also Elizabeth Henstridge producing stellar acting work again showing how insanely talented both of them are, their emotional stuff transcends AOS in terms of quality.

Heck, all the insanity with Fitz nearly made me forget there was a side story going on. Coulson working with General Hale who is on the payroll of the Kree, probably under the misguided evil that she's protecting the world. And the return of Ivanov and his majestic beard-game, and the first showing of Creel too who seems to also have good intentions but is batting for the wrong side.

What an episode, after 20 minutes I was already tired and then the exciting parts still had to blow me away.

If this is the final season, they sure as hell are looking to go out on the highests of high notes. Because every time they just manage to transcend their fate and be the best show on cable television in terms of delivering thrills and emotion in equal spades. 

Spoiler

I think Kassius's father will piggyback Thanos invasion to launch one himself.and since all Avengers will be busy,Shield will be the ones to stop it during the events of Infinity war, then we get the whole Earth getting shatered at the end of the season.

14 minutes ago, Ruki said:

Just finished Jessica Jones season 2

Hide contents

Trish is just the worst character. Like... Damn. There is nothing I like about her.

That was one of my problems with the season

They went from Trish being a very relatable and likeable character to just being terrible

12 hours ago, Lint said:

That was one of my problems with the season

Hide contents

They went from Trish being a very relatable and likeable character to just being terrible

The absolute worst.

Is Hellcat a hero or villain? Because I would be up for Jessica kicking her ass season 3.

5 hours ago, Azazel said:

I just finished Luke Cage.  The end of it was terrible.  Apparently Iron Fist isn't very good which is unfortunate because I need something to cleanse that last episode out of my brain.

I would reccomend to at least wath episode 6 of Iron Fist,it is good for a stand alone episode.(Can somebody correct me if is not)

Spoiler

the one with the 3 trials

• Like 1

I dont feel IF is terrible per say, but it lingers way too long on a certain plot point and Danny is made a one note character in terms of personality and goals.

Danny Rand as a character is just so rigid and painfully one-track that it can be extremely frustrated to see him hammer on the same points over and over and over again until even the characters around him go "We get it!". In fact, the side characters are infinitely more interesting and at a certain point Danny gets so extremely stubborn that you start to sympathize for the baddies because they seem somewhat cooperative and flexible.

I feel you can't skip it if you're gonna watch The Defenders, because most of that series plotline directly connects to IF. The story of the cross-over mostly revolver around the things established in Iron Fist.

So yeah, just be prepared to hear "I'm the Immortal Iron Fist, Protector of K'un lun and sworn enemy of The Hand" a lot.

Edited by Jasonmufc

On 3/29/2018 at 20:00, Azazel said:

I just finished Luke Cage.  The end of it was terrible.  Apparently Iron Fist isn't very good which is unfortunate because I need something to cleanse that last episode out of my brain.

How are you going to know Iron Fist is bad if you just accept what you read/people say? Watch it and decide for yourself. It's personally my second favorite out of the entire Netflix MCU, behind Jessica Jones S1.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tristy said:

How are you going to know Iron Fist is bad if you just accept what you read/people say? Watch it and decide for yourself. It's personally my second favorite out of the entire Netflix MCU, behind Jessica Jones S1.

I'm actually nearly done it, I think I like it more than Luke Cage (the end really soured me) at least.  Most of that is because of Faramir.