The Marvel Cinematic Universe TV Thread

Your Mom

On 06/05/2018 at 17:44, tristy said:

AOS:

Hide contents

Straight up mentioned Thanos, and now Talbot thinks he can stop him. Oh lord.

Also, yeah, the Black Order just appeared in New York to go after Dr. Strange's time stone, so the snap hasn't happened yet. There's two episodes left, so one of those (probably the season finale) will take place while the Battle of Wakanda is happening.

The bolded bit in the spoiler is notable. The VO during the preview for next week's episode specifically mentioned season finale, instead of series finale.

That would make me a very happy AOS fan, but at this point i've been expecting nothing after this season and i'm fully prepared to begrudgingly accept an end to a rare series that made me watch every single week, I truly don't want to wait excess weeks to watch AOS episodes.

50 minutes ago, Jasonmufc said:

That would make me a very happy AOS fan, but at this point i've been expecting nothing after this season and i'm fully prepared to begrudgingly accept an end to a rare series that made me watch every single week, I truly don't want to wait excess weeks to watch AOS episodes.

If a show hasn't been renewed or canceled yet, they'll always call it a season finale - even if ultimately it ends up being canceled. I believe I heard the finale was written to serve as a series finale if it needed to be, so we shall see how that plays out. That said, I feel like it will be renewed though since I feel like they would've canceled it by now like they did with Once Upon a Time since those were pretty similar shows in ratings/time they've been on. 

11 hours ago, St. Dubb said:

If a show hasn't been renewed or canceled yet, they'll always call it a season finale - even if ultimately it ends up being canceled. I believe I heard the finale was written to serve as a series finale if it needed to be, so we shall see how that plays out. That said, I feel like it will be renewed though since I feel like they would've canceled it by now like they did with Once Upon a Time since those were pretty similar shows in ratings/time they've been on. 

Dunno if its a good or bad thing, but the only reason it got a 5th season is because someone at Disney refused to let ABC cancel it.  Maybe a high powered exec at Disney is a huge fan?

1 hour ago, Lint said:

Dunno if its a good or bad thing, but the only reason it got a 5th season is because someone at Disney refused to let ABC cancel it.  Maybe a high powered exec at Disney is a huge fan?

I think is more of Disney liking having an MCU TV Show at a big network to help promote the movies.

Spoilers for last episode and Avengers:Infinity War:

Spoiler

A lot of The people that din't dissapear in Infinity War got kill in the Earth craked event in the original timeline, talk about a shitty day.

On 10/05/2018 at 05:47, Benji said:

I'd imagine keeping it alive will have something to do with the fact... (upcoming MCU film spoiler)

Reveal hidden contents

... that Coulson will be appearing in Captain Marvel, so if they were to cancel "his" series it would be the dumbest possible timing.

Maybe, but: (spoilers for this season of AOS and especially the last episode):

Spoiler

The entire season has been about him dying and in the last episode the cliffhanger was: 

Spoiler

Saving him or saving the world

Also the season finale was made to work as a show finale in case it doesn't get another season,so there is a big posibility of him dying.

They have made it so much about "Save Coulson or Save the World", I got the feeling they'll still swerve us and find a way to do both because they're the heroes and saving everyone is what they do. It's like hyped so hard, that it feels like an anti-climax if they make the hard decision and kill off Coulson.

At the same time, it would be quite the send-off for both the character and the show. But if the show was to be extended for more episodes, I just can't see it standing strong without Clark Gregg quarterbacking the show, because despite their best character building, I don't buy any of the other cast as a worthy successor of Coulson.

Daisy is too hot-headed and when she gets resistance she goes out on her own, and her whole struggle with being the heir apparent has been made very prominent in the last half of this season.

May is too stoic and cold, Mack is too narrow minded, Fitz is mentally damaged and Simmons is too much of a sweetheart. Deke... Well he's Deke!

Without Coulson, there's no SHIELD, I feel. He's the heart and soul, the stable middleground that everything revolves around. I guess that would make a future season more interesting, to see how they struggle without him to guide his hand, but on the meta token he's just too important to the show. At the same time, I really feel that if this is the end and Coulson dies, he deserves a strong emotional send off. 

So fucking delighted right now. And it makes me wonder about the 13 episode season. Would it be because they can wrap it up fully with a bow, or maybe so that it can more closely follow Infinity War and how that might affect the show?

I'm leaning towards the wrap up theory, but really I don't care because even if that's the case i'm so giddy to get 13 more episodes and a possible chance for them to really finish the show on the highest of notes!

13 hours ago, Jasonmufc said:

So fucking delighted right now. And it makes me wonder about the 13 episode season. Would it be because they can wrap it up fully with a bow, or maybe so that it can more closely follow Infinity War and how that might affect the show?

I'm leaning towards the wrap up theory, but really I don't care because even if that's the case i'm so giddy to get 13 more episodes and a possible chance for them to really finish the show on the highest of notes!

I think it will be a bit of both. I really hope they can eke one more season out post-Avengers 4 though. 

More news:

#AgentsofSHIELD is moving to summer 2019 #ABCupfronts

— Bradley Adams (@Bradley_AdamsTV) May 15, 2018

Presumably to have it tie in to Avengers 4. The wait will suck but its probably the right call and should be worth the wait.

Edited by St. Dubb

Spoiler

That's probably ultimately preferable to trying to do the logistics of a full season without around half the cast.

^ Infinity War spoilers, if we're still doing cuts for that.

• Like 1

Spoilers for Infinity War/Captain Marvel...

Spoiler

It occurs to me that Captain Marvel is going to have a lot of similarities to how The Sentry was brought into 616 with her being the biggest gun who people have apparently "forgotten" but is in reality being retconned into the history.

3 hours ago, Benji said:

Spoilers for Infinity War/Captain Marvel...

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I don't see how it is a retcon, is it because she's getting her own movie now? 

11 hours ago, Benjamin said:
  Hide contents

I don't see how it is a retcon, is it because she's getting her own movie now? 

It isn't really a retcon, but her solo film takes place well in the past, before Iron Man. She becomes the first super powered hero that Nick Fury is in contact with. It's odd that she exists within this universe, in this same timeline, and no one has mentioned her once in the history of the MCU...despite obviously having been influential in the Avengers Initiative being launched, and being lauded as the most powerful being around, and Nick Fury's ace in the hole to take out Thanos.

4 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

Hide contents

It isn't really a retcon, but her solo film takes place well in the past, before Iron Man. She becomes the first super powered hero that Nick Fury is in contact with. It's odd that she exists within this universe, in this same timeline, and no one has mentioned her once in the history of the MCU...despite obviously having been influential in the Avengers Initiative being launched, and being lauded as the most powerful being around, and Nick Fury's ace in the hole to take out Thanos.

Spoiler

When did she become influential in the Avengers Initiative being launched or any of that other stuff?

28 minutes ago, Benjamin said:
  Hide contents

When did she become influential in the Avengers Initiative being launched or any of that other stuff?

The Captain Marvel movie will take place in the 90s, making her the first super powered being to come into contact with Nick Fury. The story making the rounds is that Fury's interactions with her set him off on a mission to find more people like her, hence the Avengers Initiative. Obviously, Marvel herself is gone because she isn't a part of the Avengers, or even mentioned at all by SHIELD or anybody else. So how did she disappear and where did she go? The post-credits stinger for Infinity War is Fury sending out a call using a communicator with her logo on it, so it's not like he's forgotten her. She's just somewhere else, and will come running now that she is needed.

The question remains though, why wasn't she needed during the Chitauri invasion? A lot of people believe that she will be dealing with some similar issues to The Sentry, which would explain why our most powerful weapon was never considered for those battles, because the hope was that Fury's Avengers and other super-powered beings would be able to stop those threats on their own... but now Thanos.

Edited by Gabriel
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Jasonmufc said:

Hide contents

AdiBPrO.jpg

Cried like a baby 😢

I mean I know the season finale was filmed as a complete bookend to the series as a whole, and I know that there's still 13 episodes to go in over a year... But like, with Coulson dying I feel the show has reached its full circle.

It all started with Coulson getting revived by Fury's secret project, and it ends with him passing away as the hero and with someone he loves. It's bittersweet, but also a perfect ending to a phenomenal character on an equally great show.

I also just don't feel that any of the characters on the show can hold a candle to Coulson on a week by week basis, he was by all intents the heart and soul of the show, the moral centerpiece that everything and everyoen revolved around. Mack is the better character choice for new SHIELD leader because Daisy is still way too 'flying solo' whenever people disagree with her, but I don't see a Mack spearheading the team or the show in narrative. I can't see anyone, really.

It just feels like this is the end, and those thirteen episodes are a dessert added onto it, but really it would be perfect even without it. But at the same time i'm not ready to say goodbye yet, but the best series never overstayed their welcome, and I think 5.5 seasons is the perfect place to end what has been one of the greatest shows on television, pound for pound.

Stray thoughts:
- Fitz dying was just suffering for me. I can't think up a death in fiction that has hit me harder, Fitz has always been my boy, and he deserved his happy ending so much.
- I know they're getting the cryo frozen Fitz out of space, but it feels, I don't know. I'm good with this cop out, but at the same time, it's kinda cheap.
- But FitzSimmons deserve their fucking happy ending dammit!
- Graviton getting launched into space by doped up Daisy was dope, and although it was a bit of a quick and clean finish to the story, it really never was the focus of the show, and it worked for what it was.
- I do wonder what this means for Daisy and her abilities, though. Because surely this makes her one of the most dangerous people in the universe, right?
- I hoped the Deke cliffhanger didn't happen, but at the same time it allows you to fill in the blanks however you want. I want to believe he's out there drinking zima's and exploring the world he never knew.
- All in all, just such a heavy emotionally loaded episode to a show that has been always sublime at character development. They made me care, they made me truly feel gutted and sad and depressed after the episode was done. Legendary end of the season to a show that has always been better than it had any right to be.