The Xbox One Thread

Dan

I'm not even getting one in the foreseeable future, and I'm leaning more towards the PS4 than anything. What I can't stand more than anything are grade school arguments over the tiniest things to make one console seem better than the other. For me when the time comes it's going to boil down to:

1) Does it work?

2) What are the bundles at this point?

And that's pretty much it. Trying to play "spot the differences" between Sony and the PS4 vs. Microsoft and the One is pretty much splitting hairs anyways. The identity of both companies are hardly all that different, no matter what you tend to hear spouted out from either side at one point in time.

I'm staying out of arguments. If people feel the need to justify a decision to not buy something then that's up to them.

I hope the PS4 is great for you guys that bought/are buying it. I had one pre-ordered but the Xbox made more sense for me.

Hopefully the X1 is great too, both Forza and Dead Rising 3 are getting good reviews so it's obvious gaming is important.

2 days until it arrives, feel like a kid at Christmas. :D

• Like 3

I mostly agree outside of Dead Rising 3. From what I've seen, it looks like they took all the stupid, shitty things like strict time limits and super degrading weapons and added awesome stuff like motorcycles with bulldozers that shoot fire.

But apparently they took out almost all the humor in the game!

...and am I the only one who liked the time limits?

I mostly agree outside of Dead Rising 3. From what I've seen, it looks like they took all the stupid, shitty things like strict time limits and super degrading weapons and added awesome stuff like motorcycles with bulldozers that shoot fire.

You can kill zombies whilst dressed in a suit of armor and using a lightsaber. I wouldn't be that worried.

Yes! The time limits were shit and really pointless

I've been seeing just as much humor as the game where you had to get medication for your little, sickingly sweet girl or she'd die/turn into a zombie.

Also yes on the time limit point.

To be honest the main thing swinging me to PS4 at this point is the sequels to The Last of Us and Uncharted. The Xbox seems fine but none of the inevitable exclusives interest me to forgo those two.

I suspect Last of Us 2 won't be out until at least the first price cut. Uncharted will probably be awhile too. Meanwhile, the only Xbox exclusive I really care about, Fable, is coming to the 360 and no word on anything for the One.