The Xbox One Thread

Dan

I would say that Gamestop is kinda terrible, and they are, but they have allowed me to get EDF for £18 (at least I hope so when I have to go pick up the parcel at the depot tomorrow) so that's nice. :shifty:

And, yeah, being able to have a party chat going whilst you're streaming does sound like a nice little extra, be it just if you're playing in a team game or if you doing the old 'one person is playing whilst everyone else is chatting about whatever' thing. Maybe one day the world will be able to hear the Dragons banter live.

Just caved in and bought Madden. Got a £20 off £50 spend on Isme so it made it £35 and I can pay over 3 months which is cool. Will probably play it until June then trade it in but it'll get me through most of the NFL off-season.

Also got a beta invite for the dashboard update. Going to register my Xbox later and hopefully I'll get in.

I thought I was too, then I was told that they hadn't seen one in a couple weeks and due to the Japan launch they weren't expecting any for quite a while. But look at these bundles over here! Rayman Legends for free they said to me. And then I realized that a friend of mine has a ton of One games and I can get away without buying any, which is something I would've had to do with the PS4. And my cheque was good.

And I love you Microsoft.

• Like 1

I downloaded it yesterday (God bless this region-free system and allowing me to switch regions at any time). Got to level 4 last night (XBL was fine for me all night, even though a friend couldn't get on, strange) and it's pretty fucking sweet.

Assuming it won't be that different for the 360 version, have you tried the campaign multiplayer mode at all? Wondering how that works out, like if you don't defeat the opponents do you have to redo the mission or what.

It's nothing interesting, really. It's just a few maps in order with the odd bit of dialogue to tell a story. It's really way more of a pain than anything else because you have to beat it to unlock the other Titans.

And yeah, Titanfall - awesome. I think it needs a little bit more to hold attention forever, but new game modes could always be patched in. That's really what it needs - more game mode variety, not so much new maps.

I'm not exactly sick of the maps yet, there's more than enough there for the third day of the game's release and they are VERY well designed. I'm finding new stuff every time I play them, which is pretty awesome.

Either way - yeah, the campaign mode is nothing special but there are some really nice set pieces that they introduce. It forces me to play Hardpoint though and I really loathe it for that. :shifty: I wouldn't if other people actually played that mode right but, eh - what can you do?