The Xbox One Thread

Dan

Its weird how totally different these launch parties have been. Sony's had new game announcements and this is all "guess which celebrity plays xbox guys!" And music and stuff. Not that either is wrong exactly but this whole thing just seemed off to me

We knew that going in for the most part - Microsoft said that they were focusing on their launch lineup and they already have more than enough announced at this point.

Yeah my point was more I don't give a shit if Jason Sudekis is getting back into it, WIll Arnett totes loves Call of Duty, or that Russell Wilson and all his Football bros love playing Madden on their bye week.

• Like 1

How does xbox live work with this then? Like obviously say for example Dans FIFA 14 on XBone won't play with my 360 copy, but do I still see him online? Like is the XBL service the same overall or is it console exclusive?

• Like 1

With Battlefield I was able to start playing the Campaign once the install reached 29% percent, I wasn't able to join multiplayer until it reached 100%.

I also could only complete the first campaign mission then it told me I needed to wait for the install to complete. Very frustrating, I hope that future games work towards more efficient install methods.

I'm thoroughly enjoying myself. B4 is beautiful and the X1 Smartglass app is actually pretty decent, if Microsoft can grab up an ABC and NBC app this could truly be my preferred media center.

We played a quick game on NBA 2k14 at 15%. By the time we finished the game was installed.

You'll still see Xbox One people online and can text message them Kanye but it won't tell 360 people which game we're playing and we can't audio chat.

• Like 1

Anyone who said console gaming was dead or Microsoft had ballsed everything up might want to pipe down a bit. I think it's seen 1 million sales day one. Just from my own store, the phone was ringing off the hook all day with people asking if we had any spare. Several people trying to trade their PS4 deposits for day one Ones, too. Crazy couple of days, lot of fun though.

I've enjoyed FIFA and the bit I've played of Madden so far. Install times vary, and I think there's still bugs and kinks to work out. NFS took nearly half an hour just to get to 3%, but the rest of the install was done in about 15 minutes, and I had the option of starting the game after 20% (I believe this is the same for FIFA and Madden too, battlefield installs the campaign first so you can play that while multi loads).