Football Manager 2015

Dan

You do

Amazingly, Sutton bought no one permanently (one loan from Crewe) in the Jan window and are now bottom of the league.

They've started signing players, including Charlie Musonda direct from Chelsea, spending £2.5m. Their annual wage bill (in the Conference South) is £4.7m including one guy on £11k per week. By comparison, Championship Bradford's is £4.6m. The next highest in their division is £361k.

In the third season of my Forest game and both Southampton and Rennes are in their first seasons with tycoon owners. Neither have spent much of note as yet.

In Forest news, Jem Karacan scores from 60 yards to earn my 10 man side a win away at Hull. Doesn't win goal of the month.

Currently sitting fifth in the Prem after 13 games. Finished 8th last season after walking the championship in my first season. The Forest board are rather generous. They gave me £30 million this season, aiming for European qualification, which I duly spent. I'm now in November and they've given me a further £16 million. Triffic.

My Forest side got tonked in the League Cup final last night, 7-1 by Chelsea (after leading 1-0).

Feels silly to say it's "ruined" the save for me, as losing is part of the every game, but such a heavy loss annoyed me a bit. One of those games where it seemed nothing I tried would work. My annoyance was such that I spent the rest of the night clicking continue, trying out a new tactic that I planned on using in a lower league game.

Funnily enough, we were in 10th after the cup final, struggling for form. Switched from my 4231 and we lost just 2 of our last 11, beating Arsenal and drawing at City along the way, and finished 7th. The board expectations also tell me we've qualified for the Europa League (presumably through the League Cup). So now I'm torn between starting a new lower league save or continuing with this one :(

Edited by Whisper in the Wind

I have two results against the top four: somehow win by a couple of goals or concede a shit load of goals with a player grabbing a hat-trick. I have flashbacks of getting thumped by Manchester United.

Ended the third season with Leicester and finished 12th, down from last season's 10th and the previous season's 8th. The board aren't happy and yet they offer a contract until 2020. They called me in once the season ended to explain myself, then said to get eight points from the next five games. Yeah, I'll get started on that right away.

Also, Kramaric and Nugent have formed a pretty good strike force somehow.

There sure seems to be more heavy losses this year. When I lose it always seems to be by either a single goal, or an absolute shitload.

I've gotten destroyed a fair few times in my first season in the Prem with Barnet. I finished 10th, shipped the 2nd most goals in the league but scored 5th most. Beat the bad teams 4-2 or 3-1 mostly but got thrashed by the royalty a couple times, had a couple 7-1 results go against me.

Turned down an interview for the Roma job for another relegation battle with Bournemouth.

Team is looking much changed from last year, nevermind the Championship year.

Big signings this season are Berahinho, Diafra Sakho, Adam Matthews, Harry Maguire and Jordan Ibe.

Steve Cook is still my Captain, Harry Arter is still involved too - but Dele Alli has started to edge ahead of him now - in his third season with us. Signed for 950k, now worth 7m.

Cook is by far my most reliable defender. Signed Victor Ruiz last year for our first Prem season, and he was a liability with fouls leading to penalties and cards. Harry Maguire has started in a similar way this season as Ruiz did last. Our other defensive option is Joe Walsh, signed from Crawley four years ago. He's dependable, but easily the least talented of the others. Hoping Maguire settles.

Luke Garbutt has held down the LB role for four years, since he joined on a free. Jack Hunt and Adam Matthews rotate the RB slot.

Bridcutt, in his second season with us now, is brilliant breaking up the play and then moving it onto the other midfielders. Less reckless than Karl Henry too.

Also big props to our goalkeeper, Adrian Ortola left Barcelona B (47.5k) four seasons ago and has been number one since. Now 25, he's only worth 725k - and with Liverpool and Spurs interested it's a worry. He wants to leave, but I'd want good money. He plays like a multi-million-pound goalkeeper should.

Just beat Villa 2 - 1. Very close, tight game. Tony Pulis was sacked after.

They just offered me an interview. It's almost December, that win over Villa just took us one place above Relegation. Villa sit 19th.

We have 10 points from 12, they have 6 from 12.

This is genuinely a hard decision. I'm also leaving for work, so at least I get to save and think about it.

Damn you FM!

Did a Free Agent Challenge game with Blackburn. Into the second season and Villa are reaping in the benefits of their regularly occurring takeover, scooping up Higuain, Oxlade-Chamberlain and a few others, including Wayne Rooney, who is rated orange as a Goalkeeper?

Did a Free Agent Challenge game with Blackburn. Into the second season and Villa are reaping in the benefits of their regularly occurring takeover, scooping up Higuain, Oxlade-Chamberlain and a few others, including Wayne Rooney, who is rated orange as a Goalkeeper?

I believe Rooney was originally a keeper as a kid? I think that was the story behind that, I forget where I heard that though.

Started a game as Leeds, time to see if I can get them up into the Prem.

That was one of my failed diaries that probably never got as far as the first post where Rooney played goalie and 10 goalies played outfield. Even playing in the conference they got tonked. :shifty:

I stuck with my Forest game and am just heading into the 2017/18 pre season.

Apparently, we didn't qualify for the Europa League, despite being runners up to Chelsea in the League Cup (that place must go to the league?) and my board expectations saying they were pleased at qualifying for Europe via league position. Oh well.

I've dropped 4231 and am playing a 4141 - I've completely rebuilt my squad around it now. My only issue is the role for my striker. I used Complete Forward (support) at the end of last season and it seemed to work, but everything I've read suggests a False Nine would be better. Anyone had any success with a 4141?

My current squad

GK: Guillermo Ochoa

RB: Ivan

CB: Kelvin Wilson

CB: Daniel Ayala

LB: Caner Erkin

DM: Benjamin Stambouli

CM: Maraoune Fellaini

CM: Henri Lansbury

RM: Thorgen Hazard

LM: Takashi Enui

CF: Britt Assombalonga

Jack Hobbs - CB

Etienne Capoue - DM

Gokhan Tore - RM

Carlos Ruiz - CF

Marcos Alonso - LB

Patric - RB

Alvaro Medran - CM

Jem Karacan - CM

Jamie Paterson - RM/LM

Chris Cohen - CM

Got a few promising youngsters as well to fill out the squad. Hopeful of a European finish this year after 8th and 7th in the last two seasons.

Gonna have an interview at Villa. Chairman is Graham Taylor! What the hell!

Not sure I'm willing to walk away from this Bournemouth team yet though.

I'm always hesitant to join United on a career game, because I know that ultimately I'll never want to leave and it will just become another United save.

I think the only time I'd go for it is if they got relegated or something.

Edited by Whisper in the Wind