The Witcher 3

DavidMarrio

So I did a witcher contract, and the inventory screen says I can turn its head in for a reward. Where do I turn it in at? I want that money since it seems incredibly hard to come by in this game

Seriously, repairing my sword is going to bankrupt me.

Yea, if there is one thing I hate about this game, its that. And "Ok..my inventory says this sword is worth 50 crowns. I want to sell it to the blacksmith who will give me...5..."

Also, I can't get out of the Skyrim "Loot everything in sight" mindset. My inventory is so full of stuff that I keep thinking "I could sell it BUT I MIGHT NEED THOSE NAILS!"

• Like 1

I never thought I would enjoy being constantly poor and scrounging for whatever I can find and having to sell the stuff that I thought I would be holding onto to repair what I already have - but it does kind of add something to the game. Witchers used to be highly sought after and paid, now most people hate them and don't want to pay them fairly for their time - you even have the option in some cases to not take money - and that adds another layer to me. Geralt isn't a monster that hates human contact - in general people being pieces of shit tends to affect him - so those times where he goes against Witcher code and possibly doesn't take money to me could be played off as him trying to change perceptions so people will actually.. you know.. like him.

Having all these different ways to make money is kind of awesome, and I'm happy that I'm not just running around with my pockets full at ALL times.

• Like 1

At the same time, in most cases I've found where you can refuse money - the other people are ten times worse off than you. Not to mention that not taking money can lead to a path in the quest where you can get more than you would've been paid OR find some awesome gear instead.

There's lots of options to go about it. You can be an expert haggler like me and get one whole extra coin for doing some work or be a nice person and offer to do it for free.

Lots of choices, lots of outcomes. Depends how you want Gerhalt to be in your game. Its why like games with options like Mass Effect, this, Skyrim, Fallout & Dragonage. If I want to be a massive cunt in the game I can be.

My Geralt is a dick to other men, but an old softie for women and children. I was wandering and came across a house with children who had been abandoned by their families due to not enough food to eat. My choices were to do nothing, give them food or give them 25 gold. Considering how hard money tends to be to come by...I gave them 25 gold

• Like 2

I got a free copy of the game when I bought a new graphics card, so I download everything needed through GOG.com, and they're saying I can't install the final copy as its "not released" yet. Emailed them twice now since last night and haven't had anything back.

I want to play this, like last week!

I can't remember specifically but I remember a tweet about them saying be careful about downloading through that site for some reason. I know that's vague as hell but there was an issue

Ugh. There I was thinking I'd get a free copy.

Don't really want to buy it off Steam in the meantime whilst I know I technically have a free copy waiting.

I can't remember specifically but I remember a tweet about them saying be careful about downloading through that site for some reason. I know that's vague as hell but there was an issue

Don't think it's a 'be careful' type thing. I mean, GOG is run by the people who made the game. Might just have an issue with those free offer versions.

Don't think it's a 'be careful' type thing. I mean, GOG is run by the people who made the game. Might just have an issue with those free offer versions.

Yeah I didn't remember exactly. Just GOG and issues was all I could remember

I am having so much fun. Not doing the main story either. Just roaming the lands in search of wild question marks

• Like 1

I don't get it. I have delusion levelled up to 3, yet whenever it appears as an option in dialog, its also in red and won't let me choose it

At the same time, in most cases I've found where you can refuse money - the other people are ten times worse off than you. Not to mention that not taking money can lead to a path in the quest where you can get more than you would've been paid OR find some awesome gear instead.

I personally don't like such game mechanics in games like Mass Effect, Dragon Age, KOTOR because it forces you to be a nice guy all the time because else you're gonna miss out on that phat sweet rifle/axe/crystal that you otherwise wouldn't be able to get.

Good decision based games let me be a dick and be rewarded for it in a different way. Being an asshole should give you just as much a leg up in a game than being a nice guy is. Just change the game around it, instead of a sweet blaster that shoots out love, you get a blaster that shoots out pure hatred or whatever.

• Like 1

Really it should be a 50/50 split. Half the time being good gets the extra goodies while evil either gets gold or nothing. The other half is vice versa. That way you actually have to think about your decisions because you don't "win" either way.