The Witcher 3

DavidMarrio

Possible glitch/bug with "A Knight to Remember"? I'm doing Warble of the Smitten Knight...

Spoiler

...won the archery contest, finished the race (declared a winner), then I manage to single-handedly win the melee (all my allies die within seconds), but for some reason the game isn't selecting me to fight the champion?

This is really annoying me because I'm so close to the full end now that I can taste it, but this is going to prevent me from getting 100% :(

I really need to get back into The Witcher. I have done fuck all on the Blood and Wine expansion pack and I just can't seem to get into it. I need to spend a few hours and immerse myself back into the game. 

On 08/08/2016 at 09:53, Benji said:

Possible glitch/bug with "A Knight to Remember"? I'm doing Warble of the Smitten Knight...

Reveal hidden contents

This is really annoying me because I'm so close to the full end now that I can taste it, but this is going to prevent me from getting 100% :(

For anyone stumbling across this problem, I am not alone.

So long as you keep a track of the missable ones it's easy (time consuming, but easy and fun once you get the hang of the game). I would suggest some sort of tracker though (I used an Excel file from another forum) and make note of what cards are missable.

Best deck is Northern Realms - loads of spy cards once you've built your collection. That combo'd with decoys helped me more often than I can count against tougher opponents.

There's a fair few missable trophies too if you're hunting.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Alexis Sanchez said:

Hang on, so once you enter the Isle of Mists you won't be able to go back and do any other quests?

Some quests will be locked out forever, but post-ending there will still be some quests left doing. Pretty sure there's a spoiler-free list somewhere that details what you must wrap up prior to Isle of Mists.

Naturally, neither DLC stories are part of this, so those can be saved for after the main storyline.

You can do pretty much all of the quests after Isle of Mists as far as I can remember. Obviously there will be some you can't which I think might be the ones linked to your companions but I never noticed anything disappear from my journal.

• 3 years later...

Wow...reviving a long dead topic, but I started playing again after watching The Witcher on Netflix.

I really didn't like the game the first time I played it.  It was really hyped up by a friend who had read the books and played the other games, so I bought it and I just couldn't get into it.  

After watching the series and knowing a bit more about the lore and background, I liked the game a lot more.

But apparently I got the bad endning....I thought I did everything right to get a good one without knowing it, but still got the bad one.  Might read how to get one of the good endings and replay it...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/02/2020 at 07:44, Lint said:

Wow...reviving a long dead topic, but I started playing again after watching The Witcher on Netflix.

I really didn't like the game the first time I played it.  It was really hyped up by a friend who had read the books and played the other games, so I bought it and I just couldn't get into it.  

After watching the series and knowing a bit more about the lore and background, I liked the game a lot more.

But apparently I got the bad endning....I thought I did everything right to get a good one without knowing it, but still got the bad one.  Might read how to get one of the good endings and replay it...

Its easily one of the best games I've ever played. Did you just play the base game or did you play the dlc?

If you are going to replay it you might as well do New Game +.

I completed the main game for what must be the third or fourth time the other day and started on the DLC for what is only my second time, so I'm quite excited. I barely remember much of what was added apart from Touissant being an absolutely huge new area, so that is really cool.
It's definately one of the best games ever, with the story, voice acting and everything still holding up really well.

21 hours ago, MDK said:

Its easily one of the best games I've ever played. Did you just play the base game or did you play the dlc?

If you are going to replay it you might as well do New Game +.

I got the DLC too, bought the complete edition for sale on PSN.  Played through Heart of Stone and thought it was good, but Blood & Wine is incredible.  

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Finished the main quest line today. According to my GOG account, I clocked in at 94 hours and 28 minutes - that's darn good value. 

I got the following ending: 

Spoiler

Ciri becoming heir to the empire of Nilfgaard.

Which seems like the best ending from the world's perspective. 

Found the final fights not that challenging compared to others. I'd say that, for late game boss fights, that 

Spoiler

the crones

were the most difficult. 

The last two boss fights just seems a little drawn out and, as long as you kept a shield up and actively rolled around a lot, you needn't prepare anything else. 

Funny quirk about both fights: 

Spoiler

Found it interesting that you can get both Caranthir and Eredin to actually deal damage in your favour. 

When Caranthir summons the golems, if you obscure you're line of sight of Caranthir with them his magical attacks will hit them. 

With Eredin, when he starts using his 'special' abilities, there's one that causes explosions to happen on the spot you're standing. If you move bang next to him when he's casting, then roll away, he'll actually damage himself (decent chunk of dmg too!). 

Overall, I thought it was a wonderful game and possibly the greatest RPG ever (Mass Effect 2 the other possibility). 

• Like 1