The Witcher 3

DavidMarrio

What difficulty? I've found on the difficulty I play on (can't remember...), I've tried to use my steel sword against monsters, and my silver sword against humans, and he always switches to the right one

I don't think I've had any problems. Geralt always seems to pick the right one and sheath it as soon as combat is over.

I thought I'd take an hour before going to bed to do the next mission on my list (Family Matters). Nearly three hours later and it still isn't over.

I had that feeling for a moment, also after leaving White Orchard. I'd recommend just ploughing through the story till you're about level 7. Since then I've been picking up quests organically and have a lot of side stuff to do either at or below my level.

Ah, maybe I'm just doing it wrong. With this sort of game (I did it quite well with Amalur) I tend to clean up an area then steamroll the main story.

Just got the Temerian DLC armour, so I shouldn't be quite so squishy now too.

Every Wednesday for a couple of months free DLC goes up in the store, and yeah - the first week there was a set of armor. Granted you had to get the plans and craft it but still pretty neat. There's also beard/hairstyle stuff, an alternative look for Yenn and a new mission.

Every Wednesday for a couple of months free DLC goes up in the store, and yeah - the first week there was a set of armor. Granted you had to get the plans and craft it but still pretty neat. There's also beard/hairstyle stuff, an alternative look for Yenn and a new mission.

No you don't, you can just buy it from a merchant in White Orchard.

Upcoming patch fixes for console.

Geralt will not longer interact with candles near chests and other interactive elements.
General stability and performance improvements
Significantly Enlarged GUI and HUD elements (including fonts) on consoles and slightly on PC.
Improved camera smoothness
Performance improvements during some cutscenes.
Fixed case where game was crashing on loading a save in certain situations
Various bug fixes and user experience improvements in GUI panels.
Fixed issue where some players were unable to run after Wandering in the Dark quest
Fixed issue where players were unable to talk to Eight after the Lord of Undvik quest
Too many wild hunt minions were spawned during Ciri's Story: Fleeing the Bog quest.
Fixed issue where Keira could sometimes fall under terrain during Wandering in the Dark quest
Fixed issue where Player was unable to move freely during Blindingly Obvious quest
Fixed issue where Player was unable to activate portal during Wandering in the Dark quest
Fixed issue where Player could get trapped in Turseach castle ruins
Fixed issue where Roche was not present at Hanged Man's tree during Eye for an Eye quest
Fixed issue where Player was unable to talk or interact with certain NPCs
Fixed issue where Sirens in quest Lord of Undvik could be invulnerable.
Fixed issue where player was unable to use certain actions after Carnal Sins quest
Fixed issue where Geralt was sometimes unable to mount Roach
Fixed issue where some players where experiencing infinite loading screen during King's Gambit quest.
Fixed issue where Simun was not properly spawned in An Unpaid Debt quest
Fixed issue where player might have had a progression break after choosing certain dialogue option when talking to Dijkstra in Count Reuven's Treasure quest

The Pyres of Novigrad quest is of course going to be fixed as well as the XP glitch.

I really like how varied these missions are. I put in a solid 2/3 hours last night and didn't have to fight anything. Whereas I've had sessions that have been one long dungeon. Or spent a while completing a treasure hunt then crafting the armor/weapon.

I don't know, it's just interesting that I'm sitting with the intention of 'right I'm going to sit and complete this contract/beat this mission' etc rather than the usual 'I'm going to play this and do aimless stuff'.

Geralt will not longer interact with candles near chests and other interactive elements.

Significantly Enlarged GUI and HUD elements (including fonts) on consoles and slightly on PC.

Fixed issue where some players were unable to run after Wandering in the Dark quest

Fixed issue where players were unable to talk to Eight after the Lord of Undvik quest

Too many wild hunt minions were spawned during Ciri's Story: Fleeing the Bog quest.

Fixed issue where Keira could sometimes fall under terrain during Wandering in the Dark quest

Fixed issue where Player was unable to move freely during Blindingly Obvious quest

Fixed issue where Player was unable to activate portal during Wandering in the Dark quest

Fixed issue where Roche was not present at Hanged Man's tree during Eye for an Eye quest

Fixed issue where player was unable to use certain actions after Carnal Sins quest

Fixed issue where some players where experiencing infinite loading screen during King's Gambit quest.

Fixed issue where player might have had a progression break after choosing certain dialogue option when talking to Dijkstra in Count Reuven's Treasure quest

The Pyres of Novigrad quest is of course going to be fixed as well as the XP glitch.

Ugh wtf I want those candles lit.

Ugh wtf I want those candles lit.

Screw you, I am going everywhere to unlit everyone's candles because they keep telling me mean names :(

Its amazing how mouthy people get at a guy who is widely acknowledged to be a genetically enhanced instrument of destruction.

• Like 2