United Football League

Lineker

18 minutes ago, DMN said:

What's the name of the team he's going to?

Well, first of all there aren’t team names yet despite their draft coming up in October.  But he is just signing with the league itself to be drafted in said draft.  XFL owns all the teams

This is the XFL. They'd be the Washington [NAME REDACTED JESUS CHRIST YOU CAN'T SAY THAT WORD]'s!

Or maybe they course-correct and shatter expectations and are like, the Washington Native Americans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

Well, first of all there aren’t team names yet despite their draft coming up in October.  But he is just signing with the league itself to be drafted in said draft.  XFL owns all the teams

I know, which is the joke, because they said they'd announce team names like three times already.

The St. Louis Archways

The Seattle... ah... SuperSonics? Fuck, what do you mean that's taken? The Seattle.. Big Pointy Needles?

The Los Angeles Smog

The Dallas Deepthroats

The Tampa Bay... uhhh...

... Busch Gardeners?

So, I just saw the tiered-contract system and it's the most Vince McMahon thing ever.

"The XFL will use a tiered contract system for signing players.

Tier 1: $25,000 to $60,000 per game: 1 franchise player designation
Tier 2: $15,000 to $17,500 per game: 3 slots per team
Tier 3: $6,000 to $10,000 per game: 23 slots per team
Tier 4: $5,000 to $6,000 per game: 18 slots per team"

So, the guys within the locker room will not only be fighting the other team, but each other for the only high-paid slot. Good thinking. No in-fighting will come of this, I'm sure.

"LAW OF THE JUNGLE GODDAMNIT" -VKM

And how is that “the most Vince McMahon thing ever?” It’s a wage scale.  All of the teams are owned by the league, so they broke down how to divide up salaries in A uniform manner.  Not exactly an uncommon idea, most jobs in the country have a similar idea happening, they just don’t call the highest paid employee a franchise player.

18 hours ago, Maxx said:

And how is that “the most Vince McMahon thing ever?” It’s a wage scale.  All of the teams are owned by the league, so they broke down how to divide up salaries in A uniform manner.  Not exactly an uncommon idea, most jobs in the country have a similar idea happening, they just don’t call the highest paid employee a franchise player.

I wouldn't be surprised if my MD called himself a "franchise player" the arrogant spork