Sign in to follow this  
9 to 5

Best Music Streaming Services?

9 to 5    12,275

Which is it and why?

Jerazil    4,576

Personally, I just use Spotify because it's easy to use.

My dad advocates Deezer, but I've never used it so don't know if it's any better.

King of Pain Ellis    12,830
9 minutes ago, Baddar said:

allmusic.com

Let it be known, if anyone else would have made this post, I would not have hesitated in 'liking' it. As it is...

Apsham    10,135

I used to float between them all and it's either Google Play Music or Spotify, really. Both do free month trials so give both a spin.

metalman    15,047

I use Apple Music because I had all my music on iTunes and it was the best option for allowing me to integrate my own music and the music I stream.

That special consideration aside, it doesn't really matter, does it? They all have broadly the same library, they all come up with dubious recommendations based on your previous listening and they all provide a "community" aspect that no right-thinking individual gives a toss about, They all have fairly dubious tax arrangements, they all screw the musicians. I guess it really just comes down to whichever logo you prefer or skin you like.

Edited by metalman

Gazzlory Hunter    52,891

EE are doing six months free Apple Music if you're on their network at the moment.

metalman    15,047

and streaming doesn't count towards your data limit either! hooray!

GA!    11,255
26 minutes ago, Gazz said:

EE are doing six months free Apple Music if you're on their network at the moment.

Nice try, Kevin Bacon.

• Like 3

Rich    15,973
8 hours ago, GA! said:

Nice try, Kevin Bacon.

That's an odd fighting nickname

VerbalPeru    9,590
13 hours ago, metalman said:

I use Apple Music because I had all my music on iTunes and it was the best option for allowing me to integrate my own music and the music I stream.

That special consideration aside, it doesn't really matter, does it? They all have broadly the same library, they all come up with dubious recommendations based on your previous listening and they all provide a "community" aspect that no right-thinking individual gives a toss about, They all have fairly dubious tax arrangements, they all screw the musicians. I guess it really just comes down to whichever logo you prefer or skin you like.

It does matter. 

I use Spotify, therefore Spotify is the best.

• Like 2

lari    51

I'm guessing this is not what you are looking for, but... I only use Google Play because it's free and does what I want a streaming service to do: have music I own on a cloud for me to stream anytime. 

They have a library of music you can subscribe to, but no way do I pay for that. It's a good option for people with a collection. I own a lot of CDs and this way I can play them on any device. Well, their compressed digital versions at least.

livid    1,795
On 2/9/2018 at 05:46, VocalVomit said:

It does matter. 

I use Spotify, therefore Spotify is the best.

What he said.