EWB's Favorite TV Show 2018: The Voting Thread

GoGo Yubari

End of the Fucking World was this year too! I remember that! That was a good show. 

12 hours ago, Jimmy said:

YOU DA MAN STEVE! 

I can't believe you're putting me in the friendzone! That's, like, the number 1 zone! :D

• Like 1

1. The Good Place
2. Chilling Adventures of Sabrina
3. Better Call Saul
4. Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. 
5. Star Trek Discovery
6. Legends of Tomorrow
7. Bodyguard
8. The Haunting of Hill House
9. Vikings
10. Doctor Who
11. The Flash
12. Elementary
13. Arrow
14. Supergirl
15. The Gifted

Best New Character - 
Graeme (Doctor Who) 

I still haven't come up with someone I want to vote for as best new character, but I did realize that the worst new character for me by far was the combination of the building super and his kid from Jessica Jones.

I liked this season more than others seemed to, but yeeeesh I hated them.

14 hours ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Unless I think of more before the end that looks like my whole list. That was a struggle just getting that far. I didn't turn into some hipster that doesn't watch TV I guess I just didn't watch that much new stuff? Usually I have to leave stuff off but The Purge made the list literally because it happened to be a show I watched all of.

I ran into the same issue, I watched loads this year but a lot of it wasn't brand new, I had 3 or 4 I wanted to pick that it turned out came out in the latter half of 2017.

On 02/12/2018 at 11:39, GoGo Yubari said:

Nora's first appearance was on January 23rd, so she counts! She's definitely one of my finalists for who I end up voting for.

Nora would probably get my vote too...however, she technically debuted during the Crossover in November 2017 on Crisis on Earth-X during the wedding.

Man I really want to put the Goldbergs higher after their Christmas episode this week :( 

Also, fuck was STD season 2 this year? Fuuuuuuuuck. There was just so much good TV, and I missed like half of it, and I still have too many shows I wanna' rank.

I know stuff like the Last Kingdom and On My Block aren't going to be ranked, but I feel sad not putting them on the list, so I want to leave stuff like that up. 

2 hours ago, LittleDaniel said:

I still haven't come up with someone I want to vote for as best new character

Shane Lizard.

(If you haven't watched Big Mouth yet you should.)

• Like 1

Just now, LittleDaniel said:

I find Nick Kroll soooooo annoying tho

power through it because Big Mouth is great.

• Like 1

:(

It's definitely not up your alley, I think. I dunno. It's about a group of 7th graders navigating puberty. They did a really good Planned Parenthood themed episode this season!

On 14/12/2018 at 08:41, St. Dubb said:

Nora would probably get my vote too...however, she technically debuted during the Crossover in November 2017 on Crisis on Earth-X during the wedding.

Okay, so this is true and I've spent a couple days thinking about it. I think that since that debut was a literal week before voting opened for last year's and she wasn't even a character with a name at that time, I'm going to consider her eligible so people who voted for her don't have to come up with an alternate vote at the last minute.

And it is, relatively speaking, the last minute! Voting will close this Wednesday (12/19), so anyone waiting on posting their list, editing theirs, or coming up with a Best New Character vote do know that at some point in a couple days, the hammer's getting dropped!

• Like 1

I was almost going to vote for Nora, but I think Bradley Walsh has been better in Doctor Who tbh. 

1. The Good Place
2. Legends of Tomorrow
3. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
4. Brooklyn 99
5. Agents of SHIELD
6. Superstore
7. This is Us
8. A Series of Unfortunate Events
9. Making a Murderer
10. The Flash
11. The Goldbergs
12. Speechless