What's the single greatest game of all time?

probablyoliver

I'll just say this:

Worst video game of all time, hands down? Raiders of the Lost Ark, for the Atari 2600. Think of the worst game you can, and i'll tell you it was worse. No rhyme or reason to it, and still to this day have no clue what the objective was. It played like it was designed by someone on a bottle and half of Jack and a couple lines of coke, who then released it half finished. Some regard E.T. as worse, but it was actually playable. Just boring and repetitive.

I never played Raiders of the Lost Ark but for me, the worse game of all time is Back to the Future 2 and on the NES. Had nothing at all to do with the movies, horrible graphics, even worse gameplay. 

On 6/27/2019 at 12:31 PM, Kaney said:

How anyone can try to genuinely say Tetris is one of the best (not influential, best to play games ever) baffles me. What kind of serial killer is sitting around passing the controller to his family during marathon tetris sessions?

In this day and age, with the incredible wealth of experiences available whether you want story, action, shooting, realism, art, literally anything you can think of, tetris is such a boring answer. It's a fantastic puzzle game but best of all time? Of all genres? I'm not having a go at bobfoc but I see people say this sort of answer a lot and honestly cant take it seriously. I've seen trendy magazines or web listicles always rank it highly and it just screams hipster. If you legitimately dont get bored of tetris after about 10 minutes, I hate you, and hope your leg falls off.

I have my OG Game Boy copy of Tetris still and I still play it. It's so easy to get into and waste a couple hours with. 

But it's not my answer.

It's Minecraft. Specifically PC.  I've never spent more time or creative energy on another game. Not even close. 

7 hours ago, Pooker said:

I never played Raiders of the Lost Ark but for me, the worse game of all time is Back to the Future 2 and on the NES. Had nothing at all to do with the movies, horrible graphics, even worse gameplay. 

Was that the same as the Amiga one? Most levels involve hoverboarding down streets, and there's a weird stealth/puzzle section where you try to avoid family members in the future house? I thought it was pretty good.

2 hours ago, Colly said:

Was that the same as the Amiga one? Most levels involve hoverboarding down streets, and there's a weird stealth/puzzle section where you try to avoid family members in the future house? I thought it was pretty good.

Negative. Two different games. The one I'm talking about is covered Here.

On 11/07/2019 at 18:52, GhostMachine said:

I'll just say this:

Worst video game of all time, hands down? Raiders of the Lost Ark, for the Atari 2600. Think of the worst game you can, and i'll tell you it was worse. No rhyme or reason to it, and still to this day have no clue what the objective was. It played like it was designed by someone on a bottle and half of Jack and a couple lines of coke, who then released it half finished. Some regard E.T. as worse, but it was actually playable. Just boring and repetitive.

Never played it, but... Custer's Revenge.

Bioware's pretty much an entirely different company now anyway. Just about all the people behind its most popular games have left. I used to automatically be interested in any project it had lined up, but that's not the case now. There might still be some great Bioware games in the future, but it's wishful thinking to assume so based on its track record from years gone by.

3 hours ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Mass Effect 2 or Dragon Age: Origins. Both games I could still play over and over. The fact these are my favorite makes it hurt even more that Bioware is working on nonsense these days :( 

Maybe I'd like it more on another play, but I didn't like ME2 as much as the first.  DA:O though was legit great, but I liked DA:I much better on a later play through of it.  DA2 can burn in hell.

Don't know why this thread has gone 4 pages, best game ever was Metal Gear Solid 3 and everyone who says otherwise is wrong