twitch.tv/probablyoliver

probablyoliver

TWITCH - FACEBOOK - TWITTER
wuDGqLZ.png

STREAMING SCHEDULE

MONDAY, JANUARY 27th: 8pm GMT - CONTROL
TUESDAY, JANUARY 28th: 8pm GMT - FINAL FANTASY VII (bonus stream)
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 29th: 8pm GMT - WITCHER WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY, JANUARY 30th: 8pm GMT - FINAL FANTASY VII (bonus stream)
FRIDAY, JANUARY 31st: 8pm GMT - CONTROL
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 1st: 4pm GMT - OVERCOOKED + SURGEON SIMULATOR (w/ Snowball)
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 2nd: 4pm GMT - FINAL FANTASY VII (bonus stream)

• Like 4

Hello!

For the past four years or so I've really wanted to get into the streaming/let's play/twitch/youtube scene, but thanks to a debilitating level of self-doubt, crippling anxiety and a fondness of procrastination, I've never followed it through. Instead I've just sat around and wondered what it would be like to actually do the thing, and that's incredibly silly of me. I came close to following through with my plans a couple years ago, even going so far as to buy a bunch of stuff I figured I'd need to get started, only to get bummed out when I realised my laptop can barely run minesweeper, let alone a microphone, webcam and capture software.

But I'm following through with it now, and this thread (along with the social accounts I've created and hyped up) are going to hold me accountable for my wants and desires and actually force me to step up my game and do the thing I want to do. I'll still be aiming to post a few paragraphs and junk about games I've been playing, as well as updates on my backlog, thoughts on gaming news and stuff and plenty of other little things, because all told I'm hoping in a year or so I can put together some kind of portfolio to try and get an actual start in the industry I've adored since I was just a wee bairn.

I'd super appreciate it if you came along with me on this ride. Follow the socials and the twitch if you can, and help me help myself.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Baddar said:

I'm not sure if I can make TBA but I'll see what I can do.

:lol: that's only until tomorrow at the latest. I'll be doing a second test stream this evening, just making sure the set up looks as good as possible and (hopefully) getting the green screen to work. Then once that's signed off I can confirm a schedule. As it stands it'll likely be two nights a week for 2-3 hours and a longer stream over the weekend.

20 minutes ago, Kaney said:

Why probably oliver?

Everything I've read puts the utmost importance on branding and having something that's consistent across platforms. probablyoliver has been my Instagram, Twitch and PSN name for a long while now, and it's simple and easy to remember. It's got an underscore on twitter because some bastard from Denver, Colorado already has it without, but I'll deal with him later.

I wasn't overly married to the name until Greg Miller read it on KFGD once and he laughed and called it a great name. That made me feel pretty dang good. Also it just rolls off the tongue and makes branding other things with the 'probably' prefix quite easy. I like it, at least, and with time, so will you. Probably.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ollie said:

But I'm following through with it now, and this thread (along with the social accounts I've created and hyped up) are going to hold me accountable for my wants and desires and actually force me to step up my game and do the thing I want to do.

https://www.inc.com/melissa-chu/announcing-your-goals-makes-you-less-likely-to-ach.html

: /

Edited by metalman

It can be fun but as long as you don't expect a huge following from the getgo. I did it for a bit and will again once I have a house where I can actually stream without people walking behind me every two minutes. I followed you so I'll check it out when you do decide to stream.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, NakaFORKY Plaza said:

Dude, your cam is messed or at least the little circle is. Square or fail!

When I can get the lighting working proper for the green screen I'll go with the square, but I couldn't get it right this evening.

Still, that was super fun. Big love to @AnTEOLnio Inoki and @Benji for getting engaged. That was wonderful. This is actually the best I've felt about myself in a long time!

Also thanks to those of you who have followed the account and for anyone who stopped by and watched even if just for a few minutes. It was rad!

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Ollie said:

This is actually the best I've felt about myself in a long time!

That's the most important bit. Do it as long as you enjoy it. You're in a good position and probably won't have too many times where you're slogging your way through for hours with no one watching, so keep playing games you enjoy, find a schedule that works for you so people know when you're likely to be online, and have fun with it. You could have a good thing going here. :(Y):

Also I'll be resuming my own streaming career in a couple of hours with Bad North so come watch it at twitch.tv/evilasmodean. #cheapplug

• Like 1

Can you post here before you go live? For some reason my Twitch notifications have stopped working on iOS. I used to at least get notified when a handful of streamers went live (TEOL, Northernlion, a few others) but now I don't get them at all. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, How The Cloud Stole Christ said:

Can you post here before you go live? For some reason my Twitch notifications have stopped working on iOS. I used to at least get notified when a handful of streamers went live (TEOL, Northernlion, a few others) but now I don't get them at all. 

Sure thing, next stream will be tomorrow at 4pm GMT if all goes to plan. I'll be playing more Control, because it's a pretty easy game to play and talk through at the same time and it's super pretty too.

• Like 1

So for the first official full week of the channel, I'll be streaming every day for the next seven days with a full schedule and everything. Each stream will be roughly two hours or so, maybe longer depending on how much fun we're all having.

Monday and Friday is going to be continuing the Control stream, we'll try and find out what's going on, I might do a full lore breakdown on all the things I've picked up and we'll get some more weird anecdotes from everyone's favourite creepy janitor. Wednesday is going to be my first foray into the Witcher III. I figure if I stream two hours a week on the Witcher, I'll have completed it by 2028. The bonus streams this week are going to be me playing through FFVII for the gabillionth time as a more relaxed and less pressured stream which should just be fun to chill out to. Finally, Saturday is going to feature me and Snowball bickering and fighting and arguing and maybe even calling off the wedding when we play Overcooked and Surgeon Simulator together because there's litterally no way that could go wrong.

Full schedule as below:

STREAMING SCHEDULE

MONDAY, JANUARY 27th: 8pm GMT - CONTROL
TUESDAY, JANUARY 28th: 8pm GMT - FINAL FANTASY VII (bonus stream)
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 29th: 8pm GMT - WITCHER WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY, JANUARY 30th: 8pm GMT - FINAL FANTASY VII (bonus stream)
FRIDAY, JANUARY 31st: 8pm GMT - CONTROL
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 1st: 4pm GMT - OVERCOOKED + SURGEON SIMULATOR (w/ Snowball)
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 2nd: 4pm GMT - FINAL FANTASY VII (bonus stream)

• Like 2