Pick a show for me to binge

Your Mom

33 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

I was about to comment about Kristen Schall being in this and all the cool guest stars but then DAVE MOTHER FUCKING BAUTISTA!!!!!!!!!!!! :w00t:

Garrett The Vampire :lol: 

Oh my god the Council! I'M GOING TO DIE :lol: 

Holy shit Colin is on the council!!!! :lol: 

They showed the Vampire baby!! :lol: 

Colin Robinson: God Damn Hero! :lol: 

When I saw the episode with the Council for the first time I knew there was a lot of hype over the guest stars in it and I was like "oh man, Kristen Schaal and Dave Bautista, that's really great." I was not ready.

• Like 1

Love Is Blind, Soundtrack and What/If, on Netflix. If you're a Project Runway fan, add Making The Cut, since Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn are doing that now.

The Grand Tour, on Prime

If you have no life.....Dark Shadows, on Prime

Am no help with Hulu. Haven't had it in several years.

I guess I should try Schitt’s Creek. I could swear initial reviews of season 1 were bad so based on that + the name I wrote it off. 

Derry Girls! Two seasons, 12 episodes and twenty minute episodes - can easily breeze through it.

It's about five teenagers growing up during the Troubles in Northern Ireland yet still very funny, loads of critical acclaim etc. Oh, and you'll probably need subtitles.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, How The Cloud Stole Christ said:

I guess I should try Schitt’s Creek. I could swear initial reviews of season 1 were bad so based on that + the name I wrote it off. 

14 hours ago, Your Mom said:

The name really turns me off too but I've heard a lot of good reviews

It is funny because the show's name is 100% against everything the show goes for it. It screams it being this low-brow show, raunchy show. It is the complete opposite. The reason it is called Schitt's Creek is because the main character is wealthy and bought a town for his son because of how silly the name was - Schitt's Creek. They go bankrupt and are forced to move to the town. I have zero idea why someone did not slap them and say "do not name the show that", but here we are. 

15 hours ago, K said:

Kims Convenience

This is a great show as well. 

Also, for the trifecta of great TV shows, Working Moms is fantastic as well. My BFF's sister is the one of the main characters! 

16 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

If you're a Project Runway fan, add Making The Cut, since Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn are doing that now.

Go on. Is it just Project Runway but different name and appearance? 

• Like 4

@RPS I can't tell if you're seriously interested or not, but I'm going to answer anyway.

It has a bigger budget, the judges actually have decent taste and common sense, and Tim and Heidi are producers and have more input. I've yet to disagree with any of the eliminations, but I disagree with PR's eliminations, or even who is on the bottom, all the time. Some crappy contestants who lasted long or even made it to the finals on PR would not last long on this. Especially the one-trick ponies like Victoria who made it to the finals last season despite doing everything asymetrical. The two biggest differences is that the contestants have the opportunity to change the judges' minds before they announce who is eliminated, and they make two outfits for each competition: One more high fashion and one more public accessible. The winner's accessible outfit goes up for sale on Amazon. The cash prize for the overall winner is also bigger than PR's.

Also, there's no trip to a store for materials with a time limit, and this is more about designing than anything. They have seamstresses who do the sewing for them overnight. They do have to have some basic sewing and pinning abilities, but don't have to be masters at it.

The only thing from PR that's missing, is there's no unconventional materials challenge. At least not yet, anyway.

Edited by GhostMachine

Yeah, I put off watching any of Schitt's Creek for years because I thought the name was awful. I think between seeing the name and like the promotional photo for the first season I got it in my head that it was probably a parody of "look at this awful rich family" reality TV shows, aided by the fact that if I see Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Hara are together in something I just immediately think it's going to be a mockumentary. The fact that it ended up having like a full run and found its audience is both a testament to the fact that it's really good and that the changing media landscape's given a lot of shows more time to find their audiences.

I think the first couple episodes are the weakest because the show doesn't really fully start working until the Roses have more or less accepted the fact that they're living there for the immediate future. I'm on the second season right now and it's a really good, easy watch.

• Like 1

On 21/04/2020 at 09:17, Your Mom said:

I am feeling pretty aimless today so I had an idea. You guys pick a show for me to watch. Literally any show and I'll talk about it in here as I watch it. Pick something you think I would like or pick hot garbage it's up to you! Could be fun or maybe no one cares who knows? I'll let a few suggestions come in before I pick one and I have Netflix, Hulu and Prime so go nuts

Have you binged She-Ra yet?

2 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

@RPS I can't tell if you're seriously interested or not, but I'm going to answer anyway.

It has a bigger budget, the judges actually have decent taste and common sense, and Tim and Heidi are producers and have more input. I've yet to disagree with any of the eliminations, but I disagree with PR's eliminations, or even who is on the bottom, all the time. Some crappy contestants who lasted long or even made it to the finals on PR would not last long on this. Especially the one-trick ponies like Victoria who made it to the finals last season despite doing everything asymetrical. The two biggest differences is that the contestants have the opportunity to change the judges' minds before they announce who is eliminated, and they make two outfits for each competition: One more high fashion and one more public accessible. The winner's accessible outfit goes up for sale on Amazon. The cash prize for the overall winner is also bigger than PR's.

Also, there's no trip to a store for materials with a time limit, and this is more about designing than anything. They have seamstresses who do the sewing for them overnight. They do have to have some basic sewing and pinning abilities, but don't have to be masters at it.

The only thing from PR that's missing, is there's no unconventional materials challenge. At least not yet, anyway.

100% serious. I was a huge Project Runway fan. Watched 1, 2, 3 and 4 live. My interested stopped the end of All Stars season 1. I watched all seasons up till 10. The Gretchen and Michael incident soured the show to me. Its incredibly ironic that Michael Costello is probably the second most famous designer from the show behind Christian and he was treated so poorly on his season.

Oh, believe me, I get it. My biggest problem with Project Runway is that the judges are often times idiots. I think what's going on is that Nina Garcia has too much say. If it were up to me, we wouldn't watch it at all. But Heidi still wants to watch the show, and its no skin off my nose if she watches while I'm away or still asleep.

Karlie Kloss replaced Heidi, and Christian replaced Tim. Christian is doing a fairly good job, but Karlie doesn't show much of a personality. You'd think the judging would be better, but no. Last season they had a designer named Victoria who is from Moldavia. She's a one-trick pony who uses asymetry in every outfit, and a couple of times she used not being able to understand English perfectly as an excuse for some of her mistakes. One of those times she did that was obviously bullshit. They did a challenge where the project was to take your culture's fashion into the future. ie, what people from your culture would be wearing 10 to 20 years from now. Her outfit looked more like something people not in Starfleet would be wearing casually circa Next Generation era Star Trek. And she either won or came in second place. She made it to the finals, but thankfully did not win.

The only thing that has really improved since you quit watching is that Zack Posen hasn't been a judge in a long time. Do not miss him making smarmy comments and trying to sound superior while dressed like a clown on his way to a business meeting.

Edited by GhostMachine