Summer Transfer Window 2021

Lineker

17 hours ago, Adam said:

The big one to follow today. Will he or won't he? Can Doncaster Rovers get Will Grigg over the line!?

Grigg signed for our local rivals and we're waiting to see if the paperwork was done in time to sign something like our 6th choice striker option on the day.

Cooooooool.

EDIT: And we couldn't even get that done in time. Tremendous. Gebuinely just plunged ourselves into a relegation battle in one evening.

4 hours ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

Like @Baddar pretty much said regarding this. It's hilarious that they're going to make the deals now to have Messi. I'm waiting for talk to shift heavily to Messi wanted out and forced his way out after having second thoughts.

I doubt a lot of teams, especially those in Spain, would've extended the lifeline had they still been trying to keep Messi.

But it certainly won't be discussed or framed that way.

16 hours ago, DFF said:

We're also in talks with Roma for Robin Olsen, and Parma for Yann Karamoh. All on loan. 

Olsen signed, Karamoh sadly fell through. 

23 minutes ago, Bad News Jericode said:

Whilst I understand that view point, to look at it another way, Barca paid them 120m Euros for him in 2019 so if they pay 40m to have him back Barca have basically paid them 80m for a two year loan.

True. As I said, some people see it that way. 

If he plays well, it will still be a great deal. In fact, they won a title while he was in Barcelona, so it could be said his absence didn't even affect them that much.

Atleti I think needed another forward though to win La Liga again this year. I think we can all agree last year was a very different season, and the compressed schedule especially hurt a stale Madrid side with hardly any legs in midfield. Just having the extra rest will help Real out. Atleti I think were ridiculously lucky in a lot of matches last year, and relied on the combo of Oblak still being the best GK in the world and Suarez having motivation. I don't think he will have that extra motivation this year, so have Suarez, Griezmann, and Cunha combined just might do it.

10 hours ago, Baddar said:

I like this Murtough bloke already.

Screenshot_20210901-092709_Chrome.jpg

Yeah but can Murtough sign up a sponsor to be the official flatpack partnership of Manchester United deal? That's the true test of his abilities 

• Lineker unfeatured and locked this topic