Summer Transfer Window 2021

Lineker

I really don't think I'd care if Ronaldo joined City tbh. Whether it's because I was never a fanboy or just due to time - it's 13 seasons and two clubs since he played for United - him joining City just wouldn't really feel like that much of an issue.

It's not like Tevez joining Man City immediately after leaving us, or Heinze trying to push through a move to Liverpool. He had an elite season, two great seasons either side of that but aside from that one 40+ goal season, was he ever United's most important or best player when he was there? He never really felt like it to me.

Yeah a reason Kane pushed for a move this summer is because he felt this was the last chance to be in demand by the big clubs. Mbappe is either moving this summer (looking increasingly unlikeky) or going to Real on a free next. Haaland is going to be available. He'll just be lower on the priority list and there's no guarantee one of the truly big clubs will have a need for him next summer like City currently do.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MadJack said:

I really don't think I'd care if Ronaldo joined City tbh. Whether it's because I was never a fanboy or just due to time - it's 13 seasons and two clubs since he played for United - him joining City just wouldn't really feel like that much of an issue.

It's not like Tevez joining Man City immediately after leaving us, or Heinze trying to push through a move to Liverpool. He had an elite season, two great seasons either side of that but aside from that one 40+ goal season, was he ever United's most important or best player when he was there? He never really felt like it to me.

I mean, he still became one of the GOATs and it'd be shit to see him at City, full stop.

Messi to City or the PL in general would have surprised me in itself, but I never once thought Ronaldo going there was a possibility. It would definitely get mixed responses from United fans.

• Like 1

Waiting for the arrival of the ultimate abomination, a 50/50 United/City Ronaldo shirt haha

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, damshow said:

there's no guarantee one of the truly big clubs will have a need for him next summer like City currently do.

Hello :(