Summer Transfer Window 2021

Lineker

I'd be very interested in the buyback clause for Abraham. He's only 23 and, if Werner doesn't drastically improve this season, I'd be looking at cutting our losses.

I'm hopeful that 6 months of playing under Tuchel (and VAR being loosened) will have improved Werner. Picturing him playing more as a winger this season with Havertz acting as backup for Lukaku in the middle.

Ben Davies does indeed exist as he's gone to Sheffield Utd on loan for 500k with an additional 500k if they get promoted

1 hour ago, Baddar said:

Arsenal are getting Odegaard on a permanent deal.

Romano gave it the here we go and confirmed treatment.

Seems like a bargain getting him for under €40m in this market. He’s still only 22 - which is mad. 

Definitely a brilliant signing for us. Odegaard, Smith Rowe and Saka should be our first-choice attacking trio with some sort of striker ahead of them.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, FLiam said:

Romano gave it the here we go and confirmed treatment.

Seems like a bargain getting him for under €40m in this market. He’s still only 22 - which is mad. 

Definitely a brilliant signing for us. Odegaard, Smith Rowe and Saka should be our first-choice attacking trio with some sort of striker ahead of them.

Definitely. If Auba and Laca are playing silly buggers then I'd happy try Pepe and Martinelli up front with those three.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Colly said:

I like Odegaard but did Arteta get much out of him last season? Or is the issue that Arteta doesn't get much out of anyone?

A bit of that - but also he did sustain an ankle injury fairly early on and I’m almost positive that it had a big impact in some of his performances. 

I really like what he brings to the side, has a lot of energy and leads the press well. Then on top of that, he does have a good eye for a pass. Him playing with Smith Rowe and Saka on a consistent basis should lead to some really good combinations in the final third. 

1 hour ago, Kaney said:

Definitely. If Auba and Laca are playing silly buggers then I'd happy try Pepe and Martinelli up front with those three.

I do wonder about playing Pepe in the centre-forward position. He’s 100% the type of player that thrives on being at the end of moves, he’s not really a player you need in the build-up. He’s good at making space for himself and getting shots away.