Summer Transfer Window 2021

Lineker

8 minutes ago, Naitch said:

It's not like it's the first time this has happened. Man Utd spent, what, £85m bringing back Pogba?

It also doesn't really seem like Pogba returning helped Utd all that much, given the on/off relationship he seems to have with everyone that isn't Raiola. If Lukaku can deliver 10+ goals a season then he's already going to improve a Chelsea side that just won the Champions League.

Rom will give you more than 10 goals. Great striker, given the right service.

1 hour ago, Baddar said:

Rom will give you more than 10 goals. Great striker, given the right service.

This is exactly what I'm hoping for.

Lukaku obviously isn't being brought in to play second fiddle to anyone, which likely means that Werner will shift out onto the left wing or a supporting role. I do think we have too many options in attacking roles now, so someone has to go.

Ziyech would be my first choice to cut as I wasn't too impressed with him. Hudson-Odoi would ideally be shipped out on loan somewhere for a season, not sure where though.

Here's where I keep seeing other clubs buying people and I get jealous whilst we just quietly keep renewing contracts and journalists close to the club keep playing down us doing any more business 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Lineker said:

We have supposedly chucked in a cheeky bid for Messi. Why not I suppose :lol:

I'd be surprised if most teams haven't, there's no downside and there's a one in a billion chance he says yes.

Southampton honestly a good bet for relegation at this point. They've sold off the best parts of their team, might be selling JWP, and haven't really brought in any proven replacements. Armstrong could prove to be good business, but there's loads of strikers who can't make that step up.

• Sad 1