Summer Transfer Window 2021

Lineker

I love that every tweet and story about Kane has to stress that he's still going to give his all, that he doesn't want to break his relationship with Spurs.

He tried to force through a cut price move to a divisional rival 3 years into a 6 year contract and the only reason he doesn't hand in a transfer request is that if he does he loses a big ol' loyalty bonus from them.

Hahahahahahahaha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The media love in for Kane is annoying. He's spat his dummy out, sat out of training and tried to force his way out the club. Yet the great white hope of England's Harry Kane cannot do any wrong. 

You signed a long term contract when it's kinda obvious the direction Tottenham were heading in. You've got a job to do end of the day. They don't have to sell for anything less than their valuation if they don't want to. Just get on with it, play and see what happens. 

16 hours ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

I like how Madrid apparently thought we had bid for him so have now put a bid in for him. 

No chance of us trying to buy him! We don't have the funds or the registration space to get him 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

The media love in for Kane is annoying. He's spat his dummy out, sat out of training and tried to force his way out the club. Yet the great white hope of England's Harry Kane cannot do any wrong. 

You signed a long term contract when it's kinda obvious the direction Tottenham were heading in. You've got a job to do end of the day. They don't have to sell for anything less than their valuation if they don't want to. Just get on with it, play and see what happens. 

I like how Madrid apparently thought we had bid for him so have now put a bid in for him. 

No chance of us trying to buy him! We don't have the funds or the registration space to get him 

I mean, this is a little unfair, we were moving into a new stadium, we made a CL final the year after he signed. I don't think he could've fully foreseen that Levy wasn't going to invest in Poch.

That said, I'm delighted he's staying. Wouldn't have begrudged him for moving, I think anyone who lived through the last 18 months of Spurs was quite miserable. I don't rate the way he tried going about the move, the PR was a disaster, but he's still one of our own, we keep one of the best players in the world and now I don't have to see him in a City shirt for at least another year. 

• Like 3

That was a rather messy saga. Kane is probably a bit of a cautionary tale in hiring a family member as an agent. Especially for a player of his caliber. He'd be better off having all his major decisions made by a proper super agent. Including signing that 6-year contract absent of formalized assurances from the club about investments in the squad.

Also worth considering his language indicates if Spurs are wildly out of competitions in January he might push for a move again. But he's so sloppy about this since he can't hand in a formal request and instead just has to politely ask.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

What was confusing about that?

It's not confusing. I just didn't know what you were talking about. Sorry. I just read Barça and Spain just gave him 2 weeks off because he's an 18 year old who played about 10 games more than anyone else this season, but didn't know anything about it until now.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Malenko said:

It's not confusing. I just didn't know what you were talking about. Sorry. I just read Barça and Spain just gave him 2 weeks off because he's an 18 year old who played about 10 games more than anyone else this season, but didn't know anything about it until now.

Ah okay, thanks for the clarity. They talked about in over in the States during Barca's opening La Liga match that Luis Enrique wasn't going to call him up for September, and Barca were planning to give him a rest as well. All footballers need a break at some point to rest their bodies, but teenagers especially need that rest even more. I remember Liverpool back in I think 14/15 giving Sterling a break even midseason because his body wasn't used to playing that kind of football.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

I mean, this is a little unfair, we were moving into a new stadium, we made a CL final the year after he signed. I don't think he could've fully foreseen that Levy wasn't going to invest in Poch.

That said, I'm delighted he's staying. Wouldn't have begrudged him for moving, I think anyone who lived through the last 18 months of Spurs was quite miserable. I don't rate the way he tried going about the move, the PR was a disaster, but he's still one of our own, we keep one of the best players in the world and now I don't have to see him in a City shirt for at least another year. 

True, take that on board how's he meant to know but wasn't this the season in which the second half in terms of the league Spurs weren't exactly performing? Sure it was like 3 wins in the final 12 league games and just scrapped top 4. 

Hindsights wonderful but there were some warning signs despite an impending stadium move and a Champions League final. 

Tbh I'm made up he's staying at Spurs because I don't want City to start hoovering up other teams best players in the league for stupid money. If it makes the league more interesting then great. 

But overall I do think the way Kane is portrayed as holier then thou is slightly annoying and if this was say Pogba refusing to trading he'd be getting leathered by certain sections. 

I know the situations aren't identical, but let's not forget Steven Gerrard was basically on the bus to Chelsea before changing his mind and remaining a club legend at Liverpool. Kane won't be the last to be a bit arsey.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Colly said:

I know the situations aren't identical, but let's not forget Steven Gerrard was basically on the bus to Chelsea before changing his mind and remaining a club legend at Liverpool. Kane won't be the last to be a bit arsey.

So what Colly is saying is, Jimmy needs to start sending Kane death threats and all will be fine.

Edited by lanky316

According to the Telegraph, who have done some quite up to date and accurate reporting over this, Harry Kane's representatives have now approached Spurs about signing a new contract worth 400k a week with a release clause to allow him to leave next summer.

The balls on him.