Summer Transfer Window 2021

Lineker

1 hour ago, Matt said:

It's a weird one because yes, Bielsa has wanted him for a long time and yes, he has the energy and drive needed to play in a Bielsa side but we clearly need a 10 and to a lesser extent an 8 far more than we need a winger. I can't imagine that we're paying 25m+ for him to be an impact player but I can't see Raphinha or Harrison not starting. I can only imagine the intention is for Raph to play 10 but if that doesn't work then we're stuck with 3 first team wingers and we've still got a massive gap in the centre of the pitch.

To be fair, with the way you play, James and Harrison with Raph in as a 10 sounds pretty dangerous. I think James will be a lot better suited to Leeds and than United.

• Like 1

We signed Conor Hourihane on loan from Villa for the season. Happy with that, but we really need 2-3 more for stability. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, DFF said:

We signed Conor Hourihane on loan from Villa for the season. Happy with that, but we really need 2-3 more for stability. 

At Championship level, he’s an excellent signing. We probably wouldn’t be a Premiership team right now without him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cymbols said:

At Championship level, he’s an excellent signing. We probably wouldn’t be a Premiership team right now without him.

Yeah, it's a step in the right direction for us. Just hoping for a few more signings today and not just relying on 2 loans to be it. 

Apparently we've been linked with Wolves' Morgan Gibbs-White, also on loan. 

The real transfer gossip of the deadline day: how many Chelsea players will leave on loan, and where will they go!?

Also, West Ham have signed Vlasic officially now. He's going to probably play in multiple positions, but I wager mainly at the 10, shifting Benrhama out wide despite his great start to the season in the hole.

And speaking of FM stars, I think this wonderkid's move was missed.

2 hours ago, DFF said:

We got a month of good work from him, followed by five months where he offered absolutely nothing in midfield - even his set pieces were poor. Maybe he'll do a reverse McBurnie and Brewster and smash it.

Connor Roberts has signed for Burnley : ( and Jamal Lowe looks set to go to Bournemouth. Nticham, the former Celtic player, and Rhys Williams might join us.

4 hours ago, DFF said:

Yeah, it's a step in the right direction for us. Just hoping for a few more signings today and not just relying on 2 loans to be it. 

Apparently we've been linked with Wolves' Morgan Gibbs-White, also on loan. 

We're also in talks with Roma for Robin Olsen, and Parma for Yann Karamoh. All on loan. 

43 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Mbappe to Madrid is off after PSG turned down 220m euros +.

Expect him to sign a pre-contract in January.

#Mbappe2022 lives on!!!

22 minutes ago, Baddar said:

I know money isn't really an issue at PSG, but turning down €220m is madness when he's likely to sign a pre contract agreement with Real in January and leave on a free. Surely they have some confidence in keeping him?

Mbappe already has agreed personal terms with Real, let's be honest.

For PSG, I think it's one part wanting at least one year of Neymar/Mbappe/Messi; one part hoping winning Champions League this season will persuade Mbappe (it won't, and they won't); one part their owner hates Real at this point: and one part the arrogance of believing PSG is the biggest club and the world and they don't sell their best players.

Also, FFP doesn't exist for PSG. They don't need the cash, and their president is so intertwined with FIFA that they'll never get in any real trouble for FFP.

• Like 1

Like @Baddar pretty much said regarding this. It's hilarious that they're going to make the deals now to have Messi. I'm waiting for talk to shift heavily to Messi wanted out and forced his way out after having second thoughts.