Summer Transfer Window 2021

Lineker

11 hours ago, Bad News Jericode said:

I think if City are serious about Kane, Bernardo Silva and Aymeric Laporte would be ideal players to try using as makeweights. Both fix problems Spurs have and would presumably reduce the 160m-odd fee that keeps getting touted.

Ha, if this was on the table, then I think we'd be incredibly tempted. However, this would rely on A) them taking a pay-cut, B) wanting to move to Spurs C) being mental for doing so. 

That's the problem, nearly any player we would want in a deal will either need to take a pay cut or won't want to come. It's a bit of a non-starter. 

Very, very happy with Romero. By all accounts he's a top defender and is a massive step forward in fixing our biggest problem. Now, just keep him away from Dr. Tottenham at all costs. 

Happy with our summer business so far, I expect Tomiyasu to get done after the Olympics have finished, and there were rumours we might look at Damsgaard or former youth product Mandueke next. I think so much depends on what happens with Kane, obviously. 

And as is ever the case, so much deadweight to shift, plenty of players who want to move away still haven't found a home; Serge, Sanchez, Sissoko, CCV still on the books. Jack Clarke needs another loan. Winks might've fought himself into Nuno's plans, but I think we should sell at a good offer now we have Skippdinho back. 

I don't pay attention to what other clubs do most of the time, so, I'm kinda surprised by this. Obviously Chelsea have gone through different managers and stuff since he was there originally.  But there's something wild about the fact they have spent 115 million on someone they already had on their books once. 

19 hours ago, Hobo said:

I don't pay attention to what other clubs do most of the time, so, I'm kinda surprised by this. Obviously Chelsea have gone through different managers and stuff since he was there originally.  But there's something wild about the fact they have spent 115 million on someone they already had on their books once. 

It's not like it's the first time this has happened. Man Utd spent, what, £85m bringing back Pogba?

It also doesn't really seem like Pogba returning helped Utd all that much, given the on/off relationship he seems to have with everyone that isn't Raiola. If Lukaku can deliver 10+ goals a season then he's already going to improve a Chelsea side that just won the Champions League.

1 minute ago, Naitch said:

It's not like it's the first time this has happened. Man Utd spent, what, £85m bringing back Pogba?

It also doesn't really seem like Pogba returning helped Utd all that much, given the on/off relationship he seems to have with everyone that isn't Raiola. If Lukaku can deliver 10+ goals a season then he's already going to improve a Chelsea side that just won the Champions League.

I completely forgot Paul Pogba even existed tbh