The Sir Alex Ferguson Thread (For Manager related news)

Baddar

1 hour ago, Colly said:

I think it'll be really interesting to see if he'll be backed or whether Boehly feels he's chucked enough in, have they got a decent director of football type who might be able to clear some of the deadwood shite? That's without even considering the joke that is FFP.

In fact we have two 'Co-Directors of Football'. I'm sure that won't be dysfunctional at any point.

As for FFP, I did get some dark comedic enjoyment from watching that Tifo video about whether Chelsea have spent too much money. They may as well have just had the phrase "you're fucked m8" on repeat for 5 minutes.

Still, we'll see if any other clubs are stupid enough to part with substantial amounts of cash for some of our deadwood, then just cross our fingers that we make Europe in some form next season. A perfectly cromulant low-risk endeavour, I'm sure.

3 hours ago, Colly said:

I hope it's Gérard Houlier and Roy Evans.

It'd be great to see Houiler back in a job. Especially after his death in 2020.
  • Sad 3

• Admin

Swansea City head coach Russell Martin is close to being named Southampton manager.

Southampton are yet to make an official approach to Swansea for permission to speak to Martin.

Saints are confident the 37-year-old will be their new boss as they rebuild following Premier League relegation.

Martin has only a year to run on his Swansea contract and has not travelled to the US for scheduled talks with Swansea's American ownership group.

He has repeatedly said he would be interested in extending his stay in Wales, but no new deal has materialised.