The Sir Alex Ferguson Thread (For Manager related news)

Baddar

I don't understand how anyone can look at the job he did at Villa and then the turnaround they had once he'd left, and think 'that's the manager I want'.

1 hour ago, Gazz said:

I don't understand how anyone can look at the job he did at Villa and then the turnaround they had once he'd left, and think 'that's the manager I want'.

For Saudi it’s all about the name value.

USSF took 18 months to hire Gregg Berhalter after failing to qualify for the 2018 World Cup. His contract expires after the 2022 World Cup (and the potential blackmail scheme & 30 year old domestic assault situation comes out between Berhalter, his then girlfriend now wife, and their best friends Claudio & Danielle Reyna... because Gregg didn't start their son, Gio, during the World Cup). They then spend 6 months to find a new head coach, including hiring a new Sporting Director and hiring an outside firm to help with finding the best candidate. 

Their selection? Gregg Berhalter. What a circus!

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

USSF took 18 months to hire Gregg Berhalter after failing to qualify for the 2018 World Cup. His contract expires after the 2022 World Cup (and the potential blackmail scheme & 30 year old domestic assault situation comes out between Berhalter, his then girlfriend now wife, and their best friends Claudio & Danielle Reyna... because Gregg didn't start their son, Gio, during the World Cup). They then spend 6 months to find a new head coach, including hiring a new Sporting Director and hiring an outside firm to help with finding the best candidate. 

Their selection? Gregg Berhalter. What a circus!

I've seen some rumors it's basically because he comes cheap whereas just about any other notable manager costs a lot more. 

Or maybe they just did a whole charade and planned to bring him back all along assuming no club hired him.

They must have someone lined up, but it's a big shout. The statement is weird, loads of stuff about infrastructure and signings but no logical reason why that couldn't happen with Gary O'Neil.