EWB's Favorite TV Show 2021: The Voting Thread

GoGo Yubari

17 hours ago, Your Mom said:

Would it be weird if I put a show on that only has 3 episodes so far?

If those three episodes are enough to put it in your fifteen favorite shows of the year, absolutely not.

I don't think I watch enough TV to get me through to fifteen but I'll certainly give it a go.

1. Taskmaster (UK)
  2. You
  3. Drive To Survive
  4. Great Pottery Throwdown
  5. Line of Duty
  6. Baptiste
  7. Staged
  8. Deceit
  9. The Cleaner
  10. The Outlaws
  11. Clarkson's Farm
  12. The Chase
  13. Great British Bake Off
  14. Time
  15. Death in Paradise

Best new character... Greg from the Outlaws? I'm struggling there.

Best New Character: Ghost Tour Guy from the ghost tour sketch of I Think You Should Leave

Jizz. Like cumshot? You said we could say that because we could say whatever we want. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

Oh wait, does It's A Sin count for this year? I thought it came out last year, but was Jan 2021. That'd be high up for me. 

It does. It didn't get over to the US for another month so if it was January there then you're good, 

1. Search Party
  2. Mare of Easttown
  3. Awkwafina Is Nora from Queens
  4. You
  5. Marvel's Loki
  6. Squid Game
  7. Succession
  8. Another Life
  9. Midnight Mass
  10. Maid
  11. Master of None
  12. The White Lotus
  13. Hacks
  14. Ted Lasso
  15. Superstore

Best New Character: Sylvie Laufeydottir (Marvel's Loki)

This will be edited to include Hawkeye if they stick the landing on the finale. And it will disrupt my entire list, because (shockingly) it's been my favorite of the Marvel shows on D+ so far. Best New Character isn't changing, though. I love Sophia Di Martino as Sylvie.

• Like 1

1. F is for Family - It's been a while since a show ended exactly when it should've. Fucking made me bawl my eyes out.
  2. Marvel's WandaVision
  3. Marvel's Loki
  4. Only Murders in the Building - Had to add this after binging it, so fucking good!
  5. The Underground Railroad
  6. Jupiter's Legacy
  7. Ducktales - Was season 3 this year? Does it count if I've only watched 1 episode of season 3 but I finished season 2 this year and it was fucking spectacular?
  8. Pacific Rim: The Black
  9. Kim's Convenience
  10. Marvel's What If...?
  11. Marvel's The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
  12. Invincible
  13. Squid Game
  14. Marvel's Hawkeye
  15. Monsters at Work

Oh wow, I have watched very little TV this year. Might get a few different stuff in later, if I have the time in the next week and a half 😕 

Edited by Benjamin

On 18/12/2021 at 06:32, Jimmy said:

Yeah, I mean I enjoyed all of those too, I think it was a good year for the more typically light-hearted shows. Starstruck was a real winner and Feel Good really found its feet. 

But last year this was my top 5. Succession is the only show on this year that would get into this. 

1. I May Destroy You
2. Small Axe
3. Better Call Saul
4. BoJack Horseman
5. I Know This Much Is True

And honestly, especially in terms of I May Destroy You and Small Axe, there was nothing on the BBC that was anywhere as incredible and thought-provoking as these two ground-breaking shows. In general, there wasn't as much auteur driven TV, which I really get a kick out of - 3 of those top 5 are miniseries' and have their creators identity running through them - the other are two brilliant shows on the top of their game. Just felt lacking this year for me in terms of stuff that will truly stay with me, especially in comparison to last year. 

Oh man can I vote for BoJack again? 

Not watched much I didn't think but enough for a bit of a list.

1. WandaVision

2. Invincible

3. Cobra Kai

4. Squid Game

5. Ted Lasso

6. The Witcher

7. Taskmaster (UK)

8. Rick and Morty

9. Dark Side of the Ring

10. Loki

11. Great British Bake Off

12. What We Do In The Shadows

13. Big Mouth

14. Hawkeye

15. Dexter: New Blood

6 hours ago, Ruki Returns said:

3 episode into season 2 of The Witcher... yeah, that's going high on the list.

I'm really trying to gauge whether to vote for it this year or hold off on it until next. I'll watch 80% of it at least before the end of the year but will everyone else?

• Like 1

1. Feel Good

2. Ted Lasso

3. Rutherford Falls

4. Reservation Dogs

5. Ghosts (UK)

6. Taskmaster UK

7. Taskmaster New Zealand

8. Hacks

9. What We Do in the Shadows

10. Schmigadoon!

11. Only Murders in the Building

12. Last Week Tonight

13. Starstruck

14. WandaVision

15. Hawkeye

Best New Character: Willie Jack, Reservation Dogs

Judging by these lists, a lot more people should watch both Rutherford Falls and Schmigadoon!

• Like 1

Doing the typical EWB watch all the shows at the last minute thing and I feel like I asked this somewhere before but I can't find it and I'm afraid of spoilers if I go looking too hard. Is Mare of Eastown especially violent? I know some of those murder mystery shows can kind of revel in the violence and I'm not really on board for that. Some violence is fine but not like a gross amount

14 hours ago, Your Mom said:

Doing the typical EWB watch all the shows at the last minute thing and I feel like I asked this somewhere before but I can't find it and I'm afraid of spoilers if I go looking too hard. Is Mare of Eastown especially violent? I know some of those murder mystery shows can kind of revel in the violence and I'm not really on board for that. Some violence is fine but not like a gross amount

I think I'd say I don't think it's excessively violent. There's violence but I don't think it revels in it, and frankly a lot of the time the actual crime takes a backseat to the family drama. There's other things in there that I could maybe see upsetting you, IDK, but I don't think it's graphically violent.

• Thanks 1