EWR January 2022 Update

2 hours ago, rockypalermo said:

Hi, I have a question
Does the download link get updated everytime you post the changes you made or will you do a complete update towards the end of the month?

I was wondering because the link still says 31st December

Unless I do an update due to say the draft, it is the day I put it out and not Everytime I say I fixed X or reply to a poster about their fix being taken care of.

On 09/01/2022 at 14:34, mkpunk said:

I use to follow CMLL much more closely in the early/mid 2010's. It got much harder as they stopped appearing on Televisa about 2015/6. Also Luchablog has gotten less and less consistent and sticking to CMLL event days, AAA event days or "breaking news days" for whatever reason as I started doing the updates about four years ago.

Cubsfan who runs luchablog and the wiki is a friend of mine, how dare you disparage his efforts, it's not his fault there is a global pandemic going on.  Kind of hard for him to cover much of anything in the last two years since Mexico has basically been shut down and the shows that have run just haven't been as good, exciting or newsworthy.  Also this isn't his job, it's a hobby, he may have knowledge and sources akin to a Meltzer, but he does it for free.  He makes nothing covering lucha or making it available to so many.

22 hours ago, flash said:

Cubsfan who runs luchablog and the wiki is a friend of mine, how dare you disparage his efforts, it's not his fault there is a global pandemic going on.  Kind of hard for him to cover much of anything in the last two years since Mexico has basically been shut down and the shows that have run just haven't been as good, exciting or newsworthy.  Also this isn't his job, it's a hobby, he may have knowledge and sources akin to a Meltzer, but he does it for free.  He makes nothing covering lucha or making it available to so many.

Dude, I wasn't knocking him. If you got that from what I said, I am sorry, but that is on you. I meant that if you look at how/when it is updated, it is a bit less regularly. As a long-time follower, I've noticed and it happened a bit before the pandemic.

1 hour ago, mkpunk said:

Dude, I wasn't knocking him. If you got that from what I said, I am sorry, but that is on you. I meant that if you look at how/when it is updated, it is a bit less regularly. As a long-time follower, I've noticed and it happened a bit before the pandemic.

Because it's not his job.  He did it for fun and has lost interest in the hobby plus real life shit taking priority.

I might be the biggest noob here but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get this update (Jan 2022) or any update I find online for that matter into my downloaded EWR game. I downloaded EWR and can play it but my game does not even have aew or gcw in it so I am assuming I downloaded a very early version of the game. Is there some where I can download a more recent version such as Jan 2022 or do I have to download this update and somehow put it in my original game, and if so how in gods green earth do I do that. The game seems really fun I would love to play a more updated/recent version. Again I am sorry I know I sound like such a noob right now I have just been staring at the file editor screen for hours with absolutely no clue how to get this update in my game. Any feedback/help from anyone would be greatly appreciated. Thanks my friends. 

58 minutes ago, Mandoman26 said:

I might be the biggest noob here but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get this update (Jan 2022) or any update I find online for that matter into my downloaded EWR game. I downloaded EWR and can play it but my game does not even have aew or gcw in it so I am assuming I downloaded a very early version of the game. Is there some where I can download a more recent version such as Jan 2022 or do I have to download this update and somehow put it in my original game, and if so how in gods green earth do I do that. The game seems really fun I would love to play a more updated/recent version. Again I am sorry I know I sound like such a noob right now I have just been staring at the file editor screen for hours with absolutely no clue how to get this update in my game. Any feedback/help from anyone would be greatly appreciated. Thanks my friends. 

What i would do is go to the first post of this topic and download the "Full" version of this mod. Once it downloads, extract it to its own folder. Then copy each folder to EWR folder and overwrite the folders that are there

• 2 weeks later...
  • Lineker unfeatured and unpinned this topic