TEW20 Real World Update: February 2024

Here is the update for February, nothing too major this month, fixed up the changes to TNA I missed, I've also updated/tidied up the rosters for AAA and CMLL, considering how long I put this off there wasn't much to change. Beyond that it's the typical changes, not many additions, mostly the Stardom rookies, as usual worker changes are listed in the edito, as usual anything out of place mention it and I'll fix it up for next month.

Enjoy.

Database: February 2024
Graphics: January 2024 (Google Drive)
BUMP Workers and Belts: January 2024 (Google Drive)

Legacy: Legacy Graphics (KyKy & Grey Belts)
Worker Expansion contains pictures of wrestlers holding titles, along with non wrestlers cut on the same background used for workers.

TEW Mods by TheWho87 on Discord

Frequently Asked Questions

Why is [Promotion] closed when they are active?
Due to how slow the game runs with more promotions active, I have included active promotions but have them closed, to identify these they have their opening date and closed date the same. To activate the promotion simply remove the closed date.

Can I use this mod as a base for my mod?
Feel free to use this mod as a base or in part of your own mods, just credit that this mod was used as your base.

Edited by TheWho87
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, RazorsEdge said:

As someone who likes to play New Japan, the new overness levels for everyone look a lot better.

Totally forgot about that, someone have the whole "NJPW pop is broke, fix it" comment on GDS, so I did a little tweek, wasn't sure it was good, I was kinda basing it on how they were finishing in those round robin tournaments, but glad to know it's in the right area, I think I did drop down Tanahashi/Okada, I get the impression that Tanahashi has gone into that Cena role where he's over but tends to work outside the main event.

• Like 2

I ask this genuinely, Who, but why do you put these updates out every month if you aren't able to edit them enough to keep them accurate? New Japan must be one of the top 5 (if not top 3) promotions in the world that people will want to play as, yet you've admitted here that you've only updated the Pop stats for the roster on a suggestion and when you've done it, it isn't with any attention to detail or much actual knowledge.

No one is expecting you to watch all these promotions and know all these wrestlers like the back of your hand, don't get me wrong, but it seems the least that could be done is making sure the major promotions have a strong degree of accuracy. Whether that's with the help of others or not.

If the answer is simply that you put them out so people have a database to play for every month, then fair enough I guess, but clearly updating TEW in its current form is a huge task for one person particularly if the aim is to include so many wrestlers and promotions, and put an update out every month.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Adam said:

I ask this genuinely, Who, but why do you put these updates out every month if you aren't able to edit them enough to keep them accurate? New Japan must be one of the top 5 (if not top 3) promotions in the world that people will want to play as, yet you've admitted here that you've only updated the Pop stats for the roster on a suggestion and when you've done it, it isn't with any attention to detail or much actual knowledge.

No one is expecting you to watch all these promotions and know all these wrestlers like the back of your hand, don't get me wrong, but it seems the least that could be done is making sure the major promotions have a strong degree of accuracy. Whether that's with the help of others or not.

If the answer is simply that you put them out so people have a database to play for every month, then fair enough I guess, but clearly updating TEW in its current form is a huge task for one person particularly if the aim is to include so many wrestlers and promotions, and put an update out every month.

You're asking about accuracy in a game that has no clue what accuracy is, if you want something accurate, you'd have a mod with around 5-10 promotions, around 500-100 workers, and then you'd have to turn all generations off, and is great if you're working with a fixed period in time, which is why historical mods are best for that, but "live" real world mods are a different thing, you can still do that and will say if you want that kind of database, you're better off downloading Real World Chronicles over this, but most people who do that, also tend to download both and import over people who they want in mine that is missing in RWC, so it's both it's own mod, and something to expand other mods, I just woudn't advise importing everyone.

I will admit as the years go on the amount of wrestling I watch has decreased, which is why tend I lean on threads and discord, and one of the biggest issues is they have gone quiet, and it's not just mine, RWC's thread over on GDS only has activity when the mod drops. I'm kinda lucky I got people on my discord that follows WWE and Stardom so they get updated frequently, I follow AEW enough to drag them up every couple of months, but the only people who tends to post stuff on NJPW is @RazorsEdge, so that tends to fly under the radar a bit, but I do tend to generally go through most feds every 4-6 months just checking through and updating, Canada and Australia are currently top of my to-do list.

And as you said, this mod is done by one person, I think RWC has a team working on it, and there is only so much one person can do when it's something they do unpaid in their free time, I will admit I have been tempted to stop, but I get good downloads, January 2024 passed 1000, so unless my mods becomes so bad nobody downloads it or the downloads just stop, I'll likely keep going.

TL;DR I keep this going because for some strange reason people want to download a play it, if you don't like it download something else.

Although in all seriousness, I would argue that TEW is getting to a point where it's had its day, TEW20 didn't start out great and has been limping along since most of the big name modders, who are the real draws of the series, took their mods to make their own game, and it hasn't really recovered, add to that we're in the longest period where there hasn't been any announcement of another game, and that there are good alternatives out there, I have a strong feeling TEW is at it's end, it's just a matter of time till everyone jumps or just drifts away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for explaining - no doubt it is a huge task and I think as the TEW series has gone on, it has become less mod-maker friendly in how its set up unfortunately.

I'd agree that it has about had its day for this and many other reasons, as good a game as it has been for this sort of thing over the past 20 years nearly.

• Like 1

It's a mix of both, sometimes there are features that are handy, like the preset promotion styles, and then there is a lot, which mostly is the stuff that I just can't be arsed with touching anymore. My biggest issue was that I hit burnout during the lockdowns, when there wasn't much else to do and was editing the mod a lot and to try balance that I started work on a different mod, but it was still in the same game, then when the lockdowns eased I got my new laptop that could run other games and they took up most of the time I was putting into TEW, I went from editing for multiple hours a daily to maybe a couple hours once or twice a week.

Scott D'Amore was fired by Anthem as TNA President. Anthony Cicione is his successor.
https://tnawrestling.com/2024/02/07/anthony-cicione-named-president-of-tna-wrestling/

Rossy Ogawa was fired by Bushiroad as Executive Producer for Stardom. Not sure who will run Stardom now.
https://wwr-stardom.com/news/20240205-4/ (article in japanese)

Actwres girl'Z announced that Asahi died in an accident.
https://www.actwresgirlz.com/posts/51625627?categoryIds=3971278 (article in japanese)

Natsupoi (Natsumi Maki) is out injured since October 23 with an undisclosed injury. No info available when she will be back. In the meantime she is doing Colour Commentary for Stardom shows.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, No1Thuganomic said:

Scott D'Amore was fired by Anthem as TNA President. Anthony Cicione is his successor.
https://tnawrestling.com/2024/02/07/anthony-cicione-named-president-of-tna-wrestling/

Rossy Ogawa was fired by Bushiroad as Executive Producer for Stardom. Not sure who will run Stardom now.
https://wwr-stardom.com/news/20240205-4/ (article in japanese)

Actwres girl'Z announced that Asahi died in an accident.
https://www.actwresgirlz.com/posts/51625627?categoryIds=3971278 (article in japanese)

I had these down, I remember there being a name taking over Stardom and google gave Taro Okada.

11 hours ago, KingCrippler said:

Also, Okada is gone from New Japan but he's still there in the data. And Samoa Joe is on loan to ROH despite being the reigning AEW world champion. 

Okada contract ended, but was still lined up for some events in February. He'll be gone next month.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

These are the current CMLL tag teams/stables outside of any mini's/micros cause I don't really keep track of them. Also Dragon Rojo Jr. lost his mask last year. And Villano III Jr., Zandokan Jr., Rugido and Flip Gordon should be on the roster.

Stables:

El Sky Team
-Mistico
-Volador Jr.
-Valiente

Los Cancerberos del Infierno
-Virus
-Cancerbero
-Luciferno

Los Guerreros Laguneros
-Ultimo Guerrero
-Gran Guerrero
-Stuka Jr.

Los Infernales
-Hechicero
-Mephisto
-El Satanico
-Euforia

La Fuerza Tapatia
-Esfinge
-Star Black
-Fugaz

La Ola Negra
-Akuma
-Dark MAgic
-Espanto Jr.

La Fuerza Poblana
-Arkalis
-Stigma
-Guerrero Maya Jr.
-Pegasso

Los Divinos Laguneros
-Blue Panther
-Blue Panther Jr.
-Dark Panther
-Hijo de Blue Panther

Atrapasuenos
-Dulce Gardenia
-Espiritu Negro
-Rey Cometa

Los Gemelos Diablos
-El Sagrado
-Gemelo Diablo I
-Gemelo Diablo II

Los Barbaros
-Barbaro Cavernario
-Dragon Rojo Jr.
-El Terrible

El Triangulo
-Zandokan Jr.
-El Hijo del Villano III
-Villano III Jr.

Tag Teams:

Los Nuevos Ingobernables
-Angel de Oro
-Niebla Roja

Atlantis & Atlantis Jr.

Stephanie Vaquer & Zeuxis

El Felino & Felino Jr.

Atrapasuenos
-Espiritu Negro & Rey Cometa

El Sky Team I
-Mistico
-Volador Jr.

El Sky Team II
-Mistico
-Valient

El Sky Team III
-Valient
-Volador Jr.

La Fuerza Poblana
-Stigma
-Pegasso

La Fuerza Tapatia I
-Fugaz
-Esfinge

La Fuerza Tapatia II
-Fugaz
-Star Black

La Ola Negra
-Akuma
-Espanto Jr.

La Ola Negra II
-Akuma
-Dark Magic

Las Chicas Indomables
-La Jarochita
-Lluvia

-Cancerbero
-Virus

Los Cancerberos del Infierno II
-Cancerbero
-Luciferno

Los Depredadores
-Magnus
-Rugido

Los Divinos Laguneros
-Blue Panther Jr.
-Dark Panther

Los Divinos Laguneros II
-Dark Panther
-Blue Panther

Los Divinos Laguneros III
-Blue Panther
-Blue Panther Jr.

Los Gemelos Diablos
-Gemelo Diablo I
-Gemelo Diablo II

Los Guerreros Laguneros I
-Ultimo Guerrero
-Gran Guerrero

Los Guerreros Laguneros II
-Stuka Jr.
-Gran Guerrero

Los Infernales
-Mephisto & Euforia

Los Villanos
-Villano III Jr.
-El Hijo del Villano III

Tessa Blanchard & Reyna Isis

• Thanks 1

On 23/02/2024 at 07:33, RazorsEdge said:

These are the current CMLL tag teams/stables outside of any mini's/micros cause I don't really keep track of them. Also Dragon Rojo Jr. lost his mask last year. And Villano III Jr., Zandokan Jr., Rugido and Flip Gordon should be on the roster.

Stables:

El Sky Team
-Mistico
-Volador Jr.
-Valiente

-Virus
-Cancerbero
-Luciferno

Los Guerreros Laguneros
-Ultimo Guerrero
-Gran Guerrero
-Stuka Jr.

Los Infernales
-Hechicero
-Mephisto
-El Satanico
-Euforia

La Fuerza Tapatia
-Esfinge
-Star Black
-Fugaz

La Ola Negra
-Akuma
-Dark MAgic
-Espanto Jr.

La Fuerza Poblana
-Arkalis
-Stigma
-Guerrero Maya Jr.
-Pegasso

Los Divinos Laguneros
-Blue Panther
-Blue Panther Jr.
-Dark Panther
-Hijo de Blue Panther

Atrapasuenos
-Dulce Gardenia
-Espiritu Negro
-Rey Cometa

Los Gemelos Diablos
-El Sagrado
-Gemelo Diablo I
-Gemelo Diablo II

Los Barbaros
-Barbaro Cavernario
-Dragon Rojo Jr.
-El Terrible

El Triangulo
-Zandokan Jr.
-El Hijo del Villano III
-Villano III Jr.

Tag Teams:

Los Nuevos Ingobernables
-Angel de Oro
-Niebla Roja

Atlantis & Atlantis Jr.

Stephanie Vaquer & Zeuxis

El Felino & Felino Jr.

Atrapasuenos
-Espiritu Negro & Rey Cometa

El Sky Team I
-Mistico
-Volador Jr.

El Sky Team II
-Mistico
-Valient

El Sky Team III
-Valient
-Volador Jr.

La Fuerza Poblana
-Stigma
-Pegasso

La Fuerza Tapatia I
-Fugaz
-Esfinge

La Fuerza Tapatia II
-Fugaz
-Star Black

La Ola Negra
-Akuma
-Espanto Jr.

La Ola Negra II
-Akuma
-Dark Magic

Las Chicas Indomables
-La Jarochita
-Lluvia

-Cancerbero
-Virus

Los Cancerberos del Infierno II
-Cancerbero
-Luciferno

Los Depredadores
-Magnus
-Rugido

Los Divinos Laguneros
-Blue Panther Jr.
-Dark Panther

Los Divinos Laguneros II
-Dark Panther
-Blue Panther

Los Divinos Laguneros III
-Blue Panther
-Blue Panther Jr.

Los Gemelos Diablos
-Gemelo Diablo I
-Gemelo Diablo II

Los Guerreros Laguneros I
-Ultimo Guerrero
-Gran Guerrero

Los Guerreros Laguneros II
-Stuka Jr.
-Gran Guerrero

Los Infernales
-Mephisto & Euforia

Los Villanos
-Villano III Jr.
-El Hijo del Villano III

Tessa Blanchard & Reyna Isis

I've added some of those teams, I moved away from adding teams from stables since calculating that stuff is an utter pain, updated the rest though.

Also heads up, the next update should be out Saturday, got stuff going on tomorrow so gonna push it back a bit.

• IDOL unpinned this topic
  • Lineker unfeatured this topic