Elden Ring

Maxx

I’m still struggling to really get into this without having markers and quest logs etc. It’s all still so overwhelming to me :mellow:

I seem to aimlessly wander around bumping into characters way more powerful than me and dying over and over. I know you die a lot but I’m dying probably more than most.

I try to use a notepad to jot down notes on quests. Also make very liberal use of markers and have developed my own system for what means what. Took awhile though so I started off very slow. In a bit of a groove now but getting my ass kicked in tougher battles and as mentioned my build lets me down time to time. Found some decent grind locations so when I had a lot of runes I'm afraid of losing I step back, go to the grind spot, and get to the amount I need to level up.

The Tree Sentinels in front of Leyndell are currently my "wall" but I keep inching closer.

• 2 weeks later...

My latest wall is the Fire Giant. Cannot get any substantial damage on him. This after cruising through Leyndell it's a pretty big difficulty jump. Am working on some side quests - I've done nothing in Caelid up until now - in hopes of getting stronger.

Might travel back to Mt. Gelmir as well after I'm done Caelid though I think I got done most everything I currently have access to.

• 1 month later...

Finally got around to beating this brilliant game. Respeced at the very end because, well, why would they make it easy for you to do if you weren't encouraged to? That plus Black Knife Tiche let me power through the final boss with relative ease.

Have some couple things to clean up in this playthrough and then I'll put it down for awhile until I return for NG+.

Absolutely LOVE this game. Masterpiece. Whatever I wind up playing next has to be a total change of pace because anything open world or RPG is going to feel like such a letdown.

Game of the year for me, hands down. I don't think this will be topped. 

Finally beat it this morning before work. 140 hours it took me but there were times I just liked exploring and getting lost in the world. 

Think I'm going to go onto something bit more light hearted and a change of pace before jumping into something long 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

Game of the year for me, hands down. I don't think this will be topped. 

Finally beat it this morning before work. 140 hours it took me but there were times I just liked exploring and getting lost in the world. 

Think I'm going to go onto something bit more light hearted and a change of pace before jumping into something long 

I also took almost exactly 140 hours. I think I could do it again in about half that but the time spent just wandering, dying repeatedly against enemies I should not have been challenging, and playing around with new tricks was half the game for me. 

Out of curiosity did you go through all the extra bosses? Mainly thinking Moghwyn and Malenia, since they're the two that feel like they're to be faced after beating the game. Still have them to topple from my end.

6 minutes ago, damhausen said:

I also took almost exactly 140 hours. I think I could do it again in about half that but the time spent just wandering, dying repeatedly against enemies I should not have been challenging, and playing around with new tricks was half the game for me. 

Out of curiosity did you go through all the extra bosses? Mainly thinking Moghwyn and Malenia, since they're the two that feel like they're to be faced after beating the game. Still have them to topple from my end.

Yeah I reckon I could have easily cut down the hours but I think part of the fun is that exploring and being like oh not been here what's around here... oh I'm dead. 

Yeah I did the extra demi-gods before doing the end game. I was trying to clear the mountain top of the giants and was like why can't I get to the other bit then realised what I needed to do then it was like oh Moghwyn and Malenia are in this section. 

I think there was one boss I definetly didn't beat which was one of the bell bearing hunters in Caelid. Just couldn't do it 

• 3 weeks later...

Is it possible for someone to give a spoiler free/very light spoilery explainion of the different endings for me please? I just mean in terms of are there certain requirements you need to do/avoid to get the best one or are there any particularly bad endings etc

28 minutes ago, Kaney said:

Is it possible for someone to give a spoiler free/very light spoilery explainion of the different endings for me please? I just mean in terms of are there certain requirements you need to do/avoid to get the best one or are there any particularly bad endings etc

I'll give you the standard names of the endings, plus the general steps that you need to take or avoid to do them. Essentially, there isn't a "bad" ending. In a lot of the ways there is good and bad in most of the endings like a good chunk of the Souls games. In most cases, you'll always have a chance to get and use the 'standard' ending but the others require interacting with or using a different item at the point where you are at the very, very end of the game.

• Spoiler
    • The Age of Fracture This is the standard ending that you'll get if you just play the game and do everything you're told essentially.
    • The Age of Stars This one concerns you following Ranni's questline. You'll end up at the same point that you were at the standard ending, but the choice to take this ending will be obvious.
    • The Age of Order This one involves you choosing to follow Brother Corhyn/Goldmask storyline. This one might require a peak at a guide or two.
    • The Age of Darkness Follow Fia's questline and most of the Ranni questline. This is another one that is a multistep process that might require a quick peak at a guide or so if you get stuck.
    • Lord of the Frenzied Flame This one is going to be one of more involved ones with a hidden "pathway" to finding it. You'll almost for sure want to use a guide for this one, and if you get to a certain point here you'll be locked out of other endings. But there IS a way to fix that in most cases, but most of the time you'll be going for these ones.
    • Blessings of Despair This involves following the Dungeater's questline. Another one that might be helpful with a guide.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, King Ellis said:

frytakemymoney.jpg

Also, apparently I never posted in here until now? Odd, maybe I was just being Uber worried about spoilers.

You're the second post in the thread.

• 11 months later...

IT'S HAPPENING!

June 21st - £35/$40 - Plus there seems to be all manner of bundles and collectors editions available.

This price point would suggest some fully blown expansion pack rather than a mere DLC.