EWR March 2022 Update

17 hours ago, jupiterhill said:

I visit off and on and haven't checked in a while, thanks for the updates.  I decided to look at the newest one and look over the TV stations.  Is there a set number of channels needed or can some be deleted?  I ask because America One was replaced by YTA TV, which currently carries both Championship Wrestling From Hollywood and Ohio Valley Wrestling.  Also El Rey ceased as a network but is still a streaming platform.  I don't know if you want to keep it but maybe drop Network from the name.  WGN also changed their name to News Nation and I doubt would carry wrestling anymore.  Meanwhile, while ION is still around, they haven't shown wrestling in 8 years, you could probably delete it as well.  While we're at it, E! I don't think ever carried wrestling aside from the reality shows.  In the same sense, I doubt ESPN 3 will be broadcasting pro wrestling events anytime soon.  However on that maybe a simple name change once we learn more about that new streaming service Pro Wrestling TV.  It sounds like something similar to Fite TV.

While I never do too well updating current stats or anything, I'll see what else I can help with.  Is the next update planned to be released before or after Wrestlemania?  No big deal just curious.  Thanks again for the great work.

Due to Mania, I may wait until after Mania week (by that I mean the Friday of SmackDown) due to all the shake-ups that happen the week after Mania.

As for TV, it is hard since the game was made in 2003 and were several years from the initial online shows through JAPW and TNA. This is one of the ways that I wish someone had the source-code to alter EWR to make it real. Plus the fact ratings are way off.

Not sure what to do about streaming as again, EWR was made in a pre-internet PPV and internet streaming world. Yes, there are streaming platforms as "networks" but that is out of nesscity for say NXT which is a brand.

The catch-22 with TV is there are only so many networks that show wrestling. Plus who is to say that with removing that people don't reply what about The CW, Paramount (the former Spike), MTV and MTV2.

The networks I can see removing are WGN/News Nation (I honestly didn't know of the re-brand since my parents watch Blue Bloods on the station) and networks that had marginal wrestling relations like CMT, VH1 and yes, E! where these networks only had reality programing. FX and Showtime I don't think ever had wrestling either so they will be out. El Rey, I don't think would ever show wrestling again. I think it is just streaming their backlog cataloge. National Syndication (at least the way it is in the game) doesn't really exist anymore and neither does a true Global network.

Edited by mkpunk

Sounds good.  I was reading something today and in the 80s Showtime actually showed rebroadcasts of Wrestlemania, but yeah I doubt they would show any (that said I don't get why HBO wouldn't show AEW major shows or why they didn't do the same for WCW).  I don't know if National Syndication will ever make a comeback but my local wrestling fed (WLW) has actually branched out to a few networks and have their show on in about 10 or 12 markets from the midwest and the east coast.  While they are still just local networks, it could be a sign that syndication hasn't truly sailed for wrestling.

I tried looking for information on current slogans and taglines for advertisers but I couldn't find too many.  Surprised their isn't a wikipedia for slogans like there is for logos.  So that could take some time.

• Lineker unfeatured and unpinned this topic