39 members have voted

1. 1. What should I play next?

• Spiritfarer
    • Lost in Random
    • Ghostwire: Tokyo
    • Deathloop
    • The Stanley Parable
    • A Normal Lost Phone

As the title says I can't decide what to play next and nothing in my huge backlog is really jumping out at me. So I picked 6 random titles out of my library (2 Xbox, 2 PS5 and 2 Steam) and threw them in a poll you guys can vote on! If I did this right anyway. If I didn't who knows what you are going to see :P Anyway I'll give it a few days and then play what you folks choose then post my thoughts. If there is interest I'll keep doing this and maybe we can tweak it going forward? Like I'll post my whole list and you can pick the poll choices from there? I don't know? Maybe you won't care. Anyway I was going to post my thoughts on the choices but don't want to sway the vote ;) 

Srar placed a poll on EWB, not realizing that Stanley Parable is an absolute trip to experience over a lazy Sunday.

I voted for A Normal Lost Phone because, after reading about it on Steam, it sounds like an interesting game and I might pick it up myself

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OctoberRaven said:

Srar placed a poll on EWB, not realizing that Stanley Parable is an absolute trip to experience over a lazy Sunday.

Agreed. I won't pretend I'm familiar with any of the other games but Stanley Parable is a fantastic game that doesn't require too much effort or time, but will entertain.

OctoberRaven made sure to request Srar do multiple runs, while assuring her that one can do pretty much every possible ending in a single sitting.

2 hours ago, Your Mom said:

I'm going to assume it gets a lot more interesting because like I guess I beat it once and that was not fun at all

OctoberRaven, presuming that Srar's first playthrough saw her following the narrator's direction to the letter, informed her that this is a game that rewards you for experimenting and exploring. The Stanley Parable has over half a dozen endings, and to see them all, one has to ask themselves, "I wonder what happens when..."

2 hours ago, Your Mom said:

I'm going to assume it gets a lot more interesting because like I guess I beat it once and that was not fun at all

I picked Death Loop because I knew you'd just want to shoot things. 

52 minutes ago, OctoberRaven said:

OctoberRaven, presuming that Srar's first playthrough saw her following the narrator's direction to the letter, informed her that this is a game that rewards you for experimenting and exploring. The Stanley Parable has over half a dozen endings, and to see them all, one has to ask themselves, "I wonder what happens when..."

I did! :P I also finally see what you've been doing this entire time :lol: 

2 minutes ago, RPS said:

I picked Death Loop because I knew you'd just want to shoot things. 

You're right in assuming that's my favorite :D But yeah like ORO pointed out in his last post I followed literally every instruction I was given because that's usually what ya do in games and apparently that's not where the fun lies with this one

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Actually now that I think about it maybe I beat the game twice? I was trying to figure out how to play and accidentally shut my office door and then it talked about how I waited there for years and then the game started over with the door open again :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

OctoberRaven, getting nostalgic for the game, was tempted to reinstall it, but wanted to get the Go Outside achievement legitimately. This was unusual for OctoberRaven, who generally doesn't achievement hunt.

On 16/05/2022 at 00:38, Your Mom said:

Actually now that I think about it maybe I beat the game twice? I was trying to figure out how to play and accidentally shut my office door and then it talked about how I waited there for years and then the game started over with the door open again :lol: 

This is my new favourite thing :lol: Is is the regular one or new deluxe version?

4 hours ago, Benji said:

This is my new favourite thing :lol: Is is the regular one or new deluxe version?

It's the regular one. It went on sale for super cheap so I got really excited without realizing that it was because the new one was coming out the very next week :P 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Your Mom said:

It's the regular one. It went on sale for super cheap so I got really excited without realizing that it was because the new one was coming out the very next week :P 

I've not got the deluxe yet, but the original is a delight, at some point I will pick it up and see the differences. It's such a charming game though even in base, I genuinely wish more games would embrace that short form of multiple choice/story telling. I went through a period of short form story games where they lasted an hour or two (not multiple choice though) and I think many of them have stuck with me more than some games that last sixty or hundreds of hours.