SPOTY 2022

Lineker

I think it's safe to assume a Lioness sweep in SPOTY, Team of the Year, Coach of the Year and anything else they might be available for. The England cricket teams deserve as much credit for their success in both Tests and T20s, but the Euros coverage and reaction was far more notable.

Given that Sky Brown won Young SPOTY last year I'm guessing she'll win it this year as well, and potentially every year until she's not eligible (which could be a while).

I expect either Stokes wins and the lionesses win TotY or Beth Mead wins and the cricket wins TotY.

But more importantly it'll be a travesty if Kevin Sinfield doesn't get some recognition. If (and it doesn't) the word personality has any bearing on these awards then the man has shown it in abundance these past couple of years.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Matt said:

I expect either Stokes wins and the lionesses win TotY or Beth Mead wins and the cricket wins TotY.

I'm not sure they'd be able to exert that level of control over it, the phone vote usually ends way after TOTY has been given out.

Surprised Gadirova is up for that as well as young. Would hope she at least picks up that one but for ages it's been ridiculously likely to be Mead and unless something happens crazily I can't see that changing. Don't see anyone who stands out for a gammon campaign to vote against her... Stokes maybe but can't see that doing enough to beat her.

On 20/12/2022 at 12:43, Chris2K said:

I think it's safe to assume a Lioness sweep in SPOTY, Team of the Year, Coach of the Year and anything else they might be available for. The England cricket teams deserve as much credit for their success in both Tests and T20s, but the Euros coverage and reaction was far more notable.

Be thankful I don't use my powers of foretelling for evil.

I know the World Cup and a weekend Christmas caused it, but a Wednesday night at 7pm made it feel like such an afterthought. 

• Like 1