SPOTY 2018

Lineker

Jimmy Anderson should have won it.

People who know my stance on Team Sky and my long held suspicions of Geraint Thomas' "clean" credentials (following his career trajectory, those he's surrounded with and his discipline changes) will know that I'm grumpy with this result. I've also never taken to Lewis Hamilton so not the best 1-2!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster said:

I've also never taken to Lewis Hamilton so not the best 1-2!

What is up with that? He seems to get some serious hate. I know he drives a Merc but still.

12 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

I dislike Lewis Hamilton because of his blatant tax-avoidance whilst at the same time pretending to be "a man of the people". 

Yeah, so Monaco resident Geriant Thomas is a much more tax paying, likeable person?

I love Geriant winning, but make sure you hold people to the same standards 

• Like 1

Lewis seems like a nice lad though. I don't watch so much F1 these days but when he has been interviewed he sounds alright. I don't really care so much about the tax thing, I'd probably do it too.

23 minutes ago, Rich said:

Yeah, so Monaco resident Geriant Thomas is a much more tax paying, likeable person?

I love Geriant winning, but make sure you hold people to the same standards 

Eh? I never even made a comment on Geraint Thomas winning though. I didn't particular want him to win either, I voted for Yarnold. 

53 minutes ago, MDK said:

Lewis seems like a nice lad though. I don't watch so much F1 these days but when he has been interviewed he sounds alright. I don't really care so much about the tax thing, I'd probably do it too.

Nah he mostly comes off as an arrogant twonk. He has been this way since pretty much the day he stepped onto the grid in F1. I'm not personally too bothered about the tax thing either, although he has lived in multiple different tax havens I believe now.

To be honest if I was as rich as that and could afford to live in places like Monaco, I would. Wouldn't most of us?

9 hours ago, Adam es Tranquilo said:

Nah he mostly comes off as an arrogant twonk. He has been this way since pretty much the day he stepped onto the grid in F1. I'm not personally too bothered about the tax thing either, although he has lived in multiple different tax havens I believe now.

To be honest if I was as rich as that and could afford to live in places like Monaco, I would. Wouldn't most of us?

Let's not forget the transphobia as well for bonus points. Even ignoring the tax stuff there's enough little bits and pieces about him to make him unlikable. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MDK said:

Stevenage isn't exactly Mayfair

Not the point though, is it. It is insulting and disingenuous to refer to it as "slums", we don't have slums in Britain, it's his hometown and he has many fans there as you'd expect but here he is shitting all over it on a national stage. He's a dingbat.