SPOTY 2020

Lineker

He's just one of those homophobic twerps with nothing better to do.

EDIT: I meant Girvan, not Rea. Rea is a six-time World Superbike Champion. Girvan says that he's the UK's most successful person in motorsport this decade, which is funny when Lewis Hamilton exists.

• Haha 1

This might be (i.e. probably is) a stupid question, but is World Superbike different from Moto GP? And if so, are they different sports, or just different divisions of the same sport? And which is most important/popular? The only motorbikist I've heard of is Valentino Rossi.

World Superbike are modified versions of road bikes that the public can buy. MotoGP are purpose built racing bikes that the public can't buy.

I'd be very surprised if Hamilton, Fury and Henderson aren't the top three in some order. I can see Fury getting a fair few votes from the "political correctness gone mad" crowd, at least.

Looking back at previous winners, it's interesting that Damon Hill and Nigel Mansell, with one world title apiece, won the award twice each. Lewis Hamilton, having won six world titles before this year, has only won it once. It says a bit about how many more high-profile success stories there have been over the last decade compared with the nineties, as well as perhaps Hamilton's comparative unpopularity.

• 2 weeks later...

Very happy for Lewis, very well deserved. A double in people-I-voted-for-winning-BBC-competitions after Bill Bailey winning Strictly :shifty:.

Not that it matters in the grand scheme of things, but based on tonight Alex Scott is being rushed into live presenting way before she's ready.

• Like 1

Waiting for all the poorly hidden racists to come out of the woodwork now. 

1 hour ago, DFF said:

Waiting for all the poorly hidden racists to come out of the woodwork now. 

My dad was telling me last week that Merc intentionally sabotaged George Russell because he was 'showing up' Hamilton by leading the race but he couldn't explain to me how it was showing up Hamilton but not Bottas.

• Sad 1