General Gaming Thread 2024

Ruki

• 2 weeks later...
  • Your Mom changed the title to General Gaming Thread 2024

I didn't realize how much I needed my hand held in games until now. I'm finally digging into Spider-Man 2 after getting past the first fight that made me too dizzy to play. I know some people really hate the Ubisoft "markers on the map" type of game but I am completely lost without them.

I'm playing as Miles and literally all I need to do is take a few certain photos of some of my fellow students but it has baffled me to my core. I know I could just look it up but I'm being stubborn. Miles says the Greenhouse is on the roof but apparently not the roof I'm on and how am I supposed to find the fucking E-Sports team? :angry: 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

I didn't realize how much I needed my hand held in games until now. I'm finally digging into Spider-Man 2 after getting past the first fight that made me too dizzy to play. I know some people really hate the Ubisoft "markers on the map" type of game but I am completely lost without them.

I'm playing as Miles and literally all I need to do is take a few certain photos of some of my fellow students but it has baffled me to my core. I know I could just look it up but I'm being stubborn. Miles says the Greenhouse is on the roof but apparently not the roof I'm on and how am I supposed to find the fucking E-Sports team? :angry: 

Don't feel bad, that mission SUCKED. It took me like 10 minutes to find the E-Sports team.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

I got the other 2 on my own but I admit I finally gave in and looked up the E-Sports one which it looks like a lot of people did since it was a suggestion when I started my search :lol: 

I might have been one of them. :shifty:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

GAME will stop accepting trade-ins later this year, with pre-owned games being scrapped once existing stock runs out. While standalone GAME shops are much fewer and further between these days, it's a significant sign that the business model has changed. It's always been a matter of time before the all-digital console market kicks in, so I suppose video game retailers are going to have to adapt sooner rather than later.

I'm starting to get a bit frustrated with Yakuza 5. I stopped playing it a while back because the hunting stuff was annoying me, but I've gone back to try and get through as much as possible before Infinite Wealth, and the story just veers off in such random directions.

I was having fun with the Akiyama/Haruka stuff, but now I'm in a completely different city with a brand new guy who plays a lot of baseball and has no links (yet) to anything I've spent doing in the last three chapters.

• Like 1

Yeah, once I got to the prison in Yakuza 5 I really hit a wall, made worse by the fact that I've been gone for most of the week for the last six weeks working in another city. I love the sheer amount of stuff you can do and distract yourself with in those games but unlike, say, the cabaret club stuff in 0/Kiwami 2, it's a whole lot worse when it feels like you actually have to directly engage with it. I'm doing the hunting stuff (or I was the last time I played it, like two weeks ago) and I like it okay but it's really hard to feel like I'm getting any momentum going.

• Like 1

It was a combination of running around the prison for what felt like an eternity followed by the prospect of running around a wilderness that made me stop initially.

Thankfully the next chapter was far more enjoyable, but this completely new guy in a completely new city is really frustrating when I just want to continue the main story. 

My slow progress isn't helped by my addiction to completing as many substories as possible...

6 hours ago, Chris2K said:

It was a combination of running around the prison for what felt like an eternity followed by the prospect of running around a wilderness that made me stop initially.

Thankfully the next chapter was far more enjoyable, but this completely new guy in a completely new city is really frustrating when I just want to continue the main story. 

My slow progress isn't helped by my addiction to completing as many substories as possible...

Yeah, I have this issue too. I think it was Yakuza 3 or 4 where I was feeling burnt out (from playing so many in a short time) that I just skipped the substories. Might have been 3, since that had the weakest gameplay of the bunch. 

7 hours ago, Chris2K said:

It's a good job Infinite Wealth doesn't have an entire second game within it based on Animal Crossing, or when I finally work my way to playing it, I might never complete it.

Uh oh.

It would be even worse if they had a Pokemon knock-off!

oh

• Like 1

As someone who loves Rust/survival games in general, and is partial to some Pokemon every now and then, I can see myself sinking lots of hours into Palworld, which releases via early access tomorrow.

Free for those with Game Pass, $30 on Steam.