General Gaming Thread 2024

Ruki

14 hours ago, Ruki said:

Dave the Diver is just a wonderful game , eh?

I’ve been playing this a bunch on the deck, it’s got a surprising amount of depth to it. A really nice casual game I can pick up and play for a bit and come back to it.

Did take me a while to realise that the harpoon gun results in lower quality fish though. I got the net gun but would still harpoon things…

On 18/01/2024 at 17:40, Baddar said:

As someone who loves Rust/survival games in general, and is partial to some Pokemon every now and then, I can see myself sinking lots of hours into Palworld, which releases via early access tomorrow.

Free for those with Game Pass, $30 on Steam.

GOTY confirmed. Amazing, so much fun.

I don't really begrudge SEGA or Ryu Ga Gotoku cashing in, the amount of content they put into a standard game usually far exceeds its price tag, especially this time with the Animal Crossing and Pokémon type games in Infinite Wealth.

On a similar note, I have just completed Yakuza 5, although I had to re-do the entire final battle after missing the very last QTE when my cat jumped on my lap.

Now for Yakuza 6...

• Like 2

On 21/01/2024 at 13:52, Chris2K said:

Now for Yakuza 6...

Oh Kiwami Engine. I've missed you so much.

And just as I post this, some guy called Kazuchika Okada just started talking to me. "Rainmaker", what a strange nickname for this video game character.

And I've just seen the conversation took place outside a building called JungleBoy. Because of course it did.

• Haha 2

Been asked to make a Royal Rumble match with mostly CAWs. The entrants will be various podcast guests or notable people mentioned on the podcast. Need to be able to have it be intergender and would like the match to be between 30-45 minutes ideally.

Any suggestions on what game would be the easiest to mod or use?

2 hours ago, Mx. Canadian Destroyer said:

Been asked to make a Royal Rumble match with mostly CAWs. The entrants will be various podcast guests or notable people mentioned on the podcast. Need to be able to have it be intergender and would like the match to be between 30-45 minutes ideally.

It would have to be a Fire Pro game, or Wrestling Empire.

With Fire Pro - unmodded and what not since I doubt you'd wanna go through that whole pain process - creating characters would be fairly time consuming with some parts locked behind DLC and what not, if we're talking World.

Wrestling Empire, a helluva lot quicker - especially with being able to give random movesets and what not. But the characters probably won't look... super like they're supposed to. But the matches will be wildly unpredictable at least.

• Like 3

On 27/01/2024 at 20:26, Mx. Canadian Destroyer said:

Depends if you have the option of going back into retro games - aside from the games already mentioned, I think Smackdown vs. RAW 2010 was the first WWE game to not allow you to play intergender matches. Any of the main series WWE games prior to that on Playstation and subsequent equivalent generations of console would allow for an intergender Rumble.

• Like 1

Suicide Squad game's comedy of errors continues, early access started today and was quickly shut down due to an error where online story mode was being marked as complete immediately.  There is of course, no offline mode.

• Haha 1

The Arkham series is probably my favourite trilogy of games ever (Spider-Man has a chance to beat it though), and I was so engrossed with Arkham Knight that it's the only game I've ever 100%ed on the first run, playing it constantly until there was nothing left to do.

It's crazy to me that I have absolutely no interest in playing the next game in the Arkham-verse made by the same company as Knight, but that's what everything that has happened in the build up to Suicide Squad's release has caused. All the gameplay changes are the complete opposite of what I like, and that's before all the online issues started.

23 hours ago, Maxx said:

Suicide Squad game's comedy of errors continues, early access started today and was quickly shut down due to an error where online story mode was being marked as complete immediately.  There is of course, no offline mode.

And its been taken offline again.

• Haha 1