Summer Transfer Window 2023

Lineker

2 hours ago, damhausen said:

Whenever he comes back to Anfield in a few years he'll get a hero's welcome like nothing ever happened. 

Probably.

I don't think Graeme Souness or Michael Owen have really ever been fully embraced again. But Torres was.

2 hours ago, Hobo said:

Probably.

I don't think Graeme Souness or Michael Owen have really ever been fully embraced again. But Torres was.

With Souness and Owen they can't seem to keep themselves out of conversation so there are regular reminders of them. Henderson will be in Saudi Arabia with not one iota of press coverage for a few years.

Milner will open a pub, they'll be cheese toasties on a Wednesday night. Maybe a bottle of ketchup available if he's feeling adventurous.

7 hours ago, damhausen said:

With Souness and Owen they can't seem to keep themselves out of conversation so there are regular reminders of them. Henderson will be in Saudi Arabia with not one iota of press coverage for a few years.

Souness AFAIK hasn't done anything officially with the club since he left as manager.

Owen has been a club ambassador (and might still be?) but the one time he showed up for a legends game he was booed.

I think your right though. There is as much disappointment in Henderson as there are people who either are confused by the objections to the move, telling other fans they're  virtue signaling and rationalizing it by talking up the benefits of getting an older player off the wage bill. In a few years he'll be in legends teams.

19 minutes ago, Hobo said:

Souness AFAIK hasn't done anything officially with the club since he left as manager.

Owen has been a club ambassador (and might still be?) but the one time he showed up for a legends game he was booed.

Souness does seem like he has more self-aware than Michael Owen, to be fair. The same could probably be said about a ham sandwich though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Baddar said:

Harvey Barnes is off to Newcastle. ASM to Saudi, in all likelihood. 

Is this after Eddie Howe admitted potential FFP issues.... 🤔

10 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

Is this after Eddie Howe admitted potential FFP issues.... 🤔

The rumour is €25m (god knows why Euros...), which is absurdly cheap given the other transfers that have happened.

35 minutes ago, Colly said:

The rumour is €25m (god knows why Euros...), which is absurdly cheap given the other transfers that have happened.

Oh it's not necessarily the fee cause if a bid of 50mil came in for him it's blatantly obvious let's be honest. 

I just found it funny Eddie Howe said about FFP then suddenly ASM was getting linked to PIF owned clubs in Saudi Arabia. 

Howe's been talking FFP for at least a season, I honestly think it's mainly a ploy to keep asking prices for players we sign relatively sensible. Mike Ashley left us with an absolute shitload of wiggle room in regard FFP.

52 minutes ago, Liam said:

I'm already so fucking bored of all of the Saudi transfer news.

They'll load up the league and then it'll be a tad quieter, recall the same was the case with the Chinese Super League (which appears to have also been encumbered by Chinese economic stagnation).

I've also felt this is a huge bread and circuses endeavor, and since all this money they're spending on the domestic league will never see a net positive return it's basically their way to give the young and upwardly mobile Saudi population toys to play with so they let the regime slide on other things.