Summer Transfer Window 2023

Lineker

This might be one of those times where FM and real life blend into one another, but I'm sure he's played left back previously for Southampton.

3 hours ago, Colly said:

I think you're right, meaning we've got him, Trippier and Manquillo who can all play left back too. Just feels like buying an actual left back would have been simpler.

Manquillo is meant to be leaving and going back to Spain. And Ashby has gone to Swansea, right?

6 hours ago, DavidMarrio said:

Must be nice being able to negotiate an agreement. Whilst Liverpool just keep pissing about for Lavia

Faffing about for 5 million while every team arounds us is active in the transfer market without a second thought and are improving their squads. 

All the while we are still a few defenders short still, as well. 

6 hours ago, Benjamin said:

Faffing about for 5 million while every team arounds us is active in the transfer market without a second thought and are improving their squads. 

All the while we are still a few defenders short still, as well. 

I'm seeing this a lot, as if Liverpool haven't spent £100m+ on McAllister and Szoboszlai. The issue always seems to be poor business rather than actual lack of spending.

• Like 1

West Ham have agreed deals for Harry Maguire and James Ward-Prowse, £30m each.

They are very Moyes-style signings. Add them to Alvarez coming in to replace Rice and it looks like they might have finally sorted out their squad after a lot of dithering this summer.