Summer Transfer Window 2023

Lineker

Honestly I think it's something as basic as Caicedo having assumed since May that the deal would get done eventually (lol), and therefore done a lot of life planning like looking at houses or schools or whatever in London, and not wanting to have to overhaul all that. And honestly, if that were the case, I could totally sympathise.

• Like 1

So many factors at play as @stokeriño said if you've started to plan for where you're going to live lifestyle, communities etc. Then you've got money being offered, whats the project at the club etc. 

From a sporting perspective, take away my club bias over the last couple of years I'd rather play for Liverpool purely for the consistency of challenging on all fronts. We just missed out on Champions League yet Chelsea were a mess last year. 

Also, Chelsea even haven't made another bid yet. Plus he can easily just reject us, go to Brighton and go I only want Chelsea. Then it's up to them to decide a fee. He's not forced to go to us. 

Whole things just mad on so many levels and is turning into a big media circus

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

So many factors at play as @stokeriño said if you've started to plan for where you're going to live lifestyle, communities etc. Then you've got money being offered, whats the project at the club etc. 

From a sporting perspective, take away my club bias over the last couple of years I'd rather play for Liverpool purely for the consistency of challenging on all fronts. We just missed out on Champions League yet Chelsea were a mess last year. 

Also, Chelsea even haven't made another bid yet. Plus he can easily just reject us, go to Brighton and go I only want Chelsea. Then it's up to them to decide a fee. He's not forced to go to us. 

Whole things just mad on so many levels and is turning into a big media circus

Yeah I can agree with this and it is all very unlike Liverpool to look so haphazard regarding transfers compared to previous years.

15 minutes ago, The Radical Moongoose said:

Yeah I can agree with this and it is all very unlike Liverpool to look so haphazard regarding transfers compared to previous years.

the previous few years in which they routinely forgot that injuries were a thing and that their manager likes to play a particularly high intensity style, didn’t sign enough players to fill out a full squad then spent the full season crying about how unlucky they were with injuries?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, METALMAN said:

the previous few years in which they routinely forgot that injuries were a thing and that their manager likes to play a particularly high intensity style, didn’t sign enough players to fill out a full squad then spent the full season crying about how unlucky they were with injuries?

Or the previous few years wherein they signed the worlds best GK, spent 8m on a left back that reached incredible levels, signed VVD for big money and transformed the team, signed Fabinho out of nowhere to improve on a team that reached the final of a CL. You can look at it either way. There was never a this much talk and will they won't they with signings.

3 hours ago, Lineker said:

The allure of living in London? I don't get it (as a Londoner) - and Liverpool is a great city - I don't know.

I think this was why Alexis Sanchez allegedly turned down Liverpool wasn't it? He wanted to live in London.

5 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

Superlative pivot in the space of under 5 hours.

What he means here is that it is ridiculous in the context of  big-spending Chelsea spending that money but not so obscene in the context of Liverpool because they have never spent a transfer fee on a player ever in the history of the world.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

Carragher has gotten so many bites with that tweet 

Carragher has become the worst pundit around in recent years, he just baits people, he's fast become an embarrassment

• Like 3