Summer Transfer Window 2023

Lineker

I absolutely agree that any permanent Hall departure needs to include a sell-on clause, I'm just not sure that selling him directly to a big money club who will most likely only get stronger, meaning he'll have to live up to his full potential for the move to be worthwhile (and certainly won't need to recoup his transfer fee if he does flop).

Livramento going to Southampton and then moving to a bigger club is a good example of what would seem to be more beneficial, to all parties involved really.

Regardless, keeping Hall to potentially fill gaps left by Cucurella and Gallagher next year (if they even last that long) would be my preference.

EDIT - Apparently Hall to Newcastle is confirmed as a loan with obligation to buy.

22 hours ago, Naitch said:

I absolutely agree that any permanent Hall departure needs to include a sell-on clause, I'm just not sure that selling him directly to a big money club who will most likely only get stronger, meaning he'll have to live up to his full potential for the move to be worthwhile (and certainly won't need to recoup his transfer fee if he does flop).

Livramento going to Southampton and then moving to a bigger club is a good example of what would seem to be more beneficial, to all parties involved really.

Regardless, keeping Hall to potentially fill gaps left by Cucurella and Gallagher next year (if they even last that long) would be my preference.

EDIT - Apparently Hall to Newcastle is confirmed as a loan with obligation to buy.

£30m+ for an 18 year old with the grand total of 9 PL appearances is already very good business even if a sell on clause is never activated. Especially given the club will likely be doing all they can to balance the books in the short term.

• Like 1

I don't understand why Forest are signing a 4th RB? They already have Aurier, Neco Williams, signed Aina on a free, and now Monteil. He's an upgrade on them all, but Forest apparently are having FFP issues so signing another RB just seems pretty asinine. Then again, I guess it is Forest. 

I'm guessing they're expecting to sell Johnson and will use one of them in a more attacking role. Williams can play on the wing, although I wouldn't think he would scare most Premier League defences.

From what I can tell this summer, they've been after a lot of players, but are offering low amounts of money for them. As it stands currently, the squad ought to be just about good enough to stay up, but a few more injuries could really mess things up. Central defence is still a glaring weak spot, especially with Felipe on the sidelines.

14 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

I've found conflicting reports about Montiel. Some say he has been charged with sexual assault and others say the charges were pressed against someone he's close with.

Montiel is being acussed with 2 other persons.

Montiel says he wasn't there when it happens, the victim says Montiel was the last person she saw before passing out and then she wake up and Montiel's sister was screaming at her to not name Montiel.

Then she was confirmed as being abused. Montiel says it may have been someone named Alexis but the victim says she doesn't know who is he talking about.

Edited by angeluzcr