Summer Transfer Window 2023

Lineker

Leeds have brought in Ilian Gruev, with Glen Kamara apparently set to follow. Nice to have some extra bodies in the midfield because, whilst he's made a good start to the season, Archie Gray is just a boy and shouldn't be expected to play the whole season. After him and Ampadu it's a bit sparse.

But please, anyone, get us a goddamn left back. I'm about to walk to Elland Road and glue myself to the bloody railings, it's been like 3 years now. I think they must have a sunk cost thing with Firpo because he's out, so is Byram and god knows if Dallas is coming back so we've taken to playing Hjelde and Shackleton there. Shackleton did get assist against Ipswich though, can't be too many players who go from playing right wing to left back.

I don't like the Gravenbach move at all. It's big money, for Liverpool, for a kid who couldn't even come close to making the grade for a poor Bayern side, and had a terrible sulking attitude about it. Plus, he's not a 6 despite what some will try to argue, and almost surely means we won't sign another 6 like we sorely need.

Assuming we won't sign another defender as well, which will definitely not bite us in the ass this season 😑

Chelsea have signed Cole Palmer for £42.5m.

That is an astounding signing to me. Palmer may well be an amazing player but that amount of money for a player who has started two league games in his career is madness. It's also baffling to me that City have willingly sold him to a team capable of challenging them for the league title in terms of finance and stature.

• Like 1