Summer Transfer Window 2023

Lineker

It now appears Everton will today sell Iwobi and Cannon, and loan out Maupay, whilst signing...nobody.

Short at least three players already, and letting a pretty consistent first team performer go. Superb.

It'll be absolute carnage at the next home game I imagine. My belief that we'd be relegated has been there all summer and this should just about confirm it.

• Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Adam said:

It now appears Everton will today sell Iwobi and Cannon, and loan out Maupay, whilst signing...nobody.

Short at least three players already, and letting a pretty consistent first team performer go. Superb.

It'll be absolute carnage at the next home game I imagine. My belief that we'd be relegated has been there all summer and this should just about confirm it.

Clubs been absolutely run in to the ground. 

1 hour ago, Adam said:

Only hope for you lot I think is Luton and Sheffield United are definitely worse than Everton, and Wolves just sold their best player after already selling a bunch of other players on top of it. They haven't really made any signings either.

9 minutes ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

Only hope for you lot I think is Luton and Sheffield United are definitely worse than Everton, and Wolves just sold their best player after already selling a bunch of other players on top of it. They haven't really made any signings either.

It doesn't give me any hope to be honest, not least because we have already lost at home to Wolves. Got Sheffield United tomorrow after barely scraping by Doncaster in the cup as well.

The reality is that Everton are only going in one direction whilever Moshiri and Kenwright remain in charge. This is becoming year on year now and I cannot see another season of toil ending in an unlikely/gutsy escape.

It reminds me of Villa when they scraped by for a few years under Lerner before finally going. The fear is that it actually ends up more like Sunderland.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, FestiveJack said:

I thought he had been released. Truly baffled.

Nope, they were very careful with the wording in the statement and to me it wasn't closing the door on a return at some point. I said at the time though, a 1 year or 10 year loan isn't going to change the public perception so it's best to just move on from him.

12 hours ago, Baddar said:

Nope, they were very careful with the wording in the statement and to me it wasn't closing the door on a return at some point. I said at the time though, a 1 year or 10 year loan isn't going to change the public perception so it's best to just move on from him.

Im guessing they're at best putting him in the shop window and at worst hoping they can reintegrate him into the team.