Summer Transfer Window 2023

Lineker

2 hours ago, Baddar said:

Spurs pushing to sign Brennan Johnson which I presume will be north of 50m.

I hate that I get so caught up in deadline day that I'm desperate for this to go through. I do actually want him, because Ange supposedly really wants him, but half of the Kane money on Brennan Johnson is just a bit sad tbh. 

We're also linked with a move for Connor Gallagher today which I just cannot see happening at all. 

3 minutes ago, Lineker said:

I know it's mostly about age here, but the fact Cole Palmer (a forward with no league goals) has gone for 40 mil and Muani's gone for 90 (1 in 9 for France, one good year in the Bundisliga) makes Kane look like incredible value for money. 

• Like 1

Ansu Fati going to Brighton feels like one of those things people would have called you crazy for had you predicted it, like AJ Styles and Shinsuke Nakamura fighting for the world title at WM.

Is it a side effect of the Fabrizo Romano style of reporting (because I've had one look at his twitter and mostly at him in this thread and he sure tweets a lot) that we now get deals announced before a player has actually agreed to sign or am I only noticing it now?

I'm sure it happens all the time but it doesn't seem very smart to have that out in the open.

1 hour ago, Lineker said:

Leeds must despise Bournemouth. 

Can confirm.

Maybe further details will emerge it's definitely odd on the surface. By all accounts whatever clause he had has expired so I don't get why we'd loan him out. Even if he's in a sulk about wanting to leave, Farke has shown recently he's happy to leave them out until they're willing to cooperate. Similar to what he had at Norwich. Unless someone higher at the club has stepped in and sanctioned it but I got the impression Farke had a bit pull in that respect in comparison to the days of Jesse/Orta.